A little spring has sprung.......

Santa Ynez, CA

two little guys are blooming.....first of the SDB's "Two thumbs up" and "Naussa Blue"

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

Naussa Blue

Thumbnail by makj
Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Those are really beautiful Marie. You are so lucky!

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Ohhh, nice!

St Joseph, IL(Zone 5b)

Pretty, pretty!!

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

I have an early bloomer too. :) Just noticed it yesterday.

Negra Modela - SDB

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Here's a close-up.

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
South Hamilton, MA

I. reticulata 'Katharine Hodgkin' is open. 'Pixie' has a bud up. Snow tonight, hope that it doesn't mind.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I have some Iris Reticulata 'Katharine Hodgkin' blooming also! Pic below:

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Iris Reticulata 'George'

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Iris Reticulata 'danfordaie'

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Iris Reticulata 'Harmony'. This one is not blue as in the photo....it is purple.

This message was edited Mar 24, 2011 3:43 PM

South Hamilton, MA

You have a lot more 'Katharine H' than we do. Ours is a single. Harmony not out yet here.

Corrales, NM

Iris Reticulata: I do not know this variety of Iris, but it is so unusual and just gorgeous. Can you tell me about them? Do you think they would
grow in New Mexico, in our dry conditions or do they require a lot of moisture?

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Those were from either Sunshine or Eflowergarden from last year's sale. I think I had 25 bulbs (I actually think I bought some from both places!). They were the last to bloom and they are looking great! The first clump of "George" that I posted last week are done. "Harmony" is still going strong. I only have 4 or 5 of 'danfordaie'....I may add more this fall.

Santa Ynez, CA

If you want a beautiful yellow re-bloomer, and for me this iris has bloomer several times through the year.....
Dime Spot

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

it is booming today, with more stalks coming....

Santa Ynez, CA

Here is Pink Fawn, blooming today......

Thumbnail by makj
South Hamilton, MA

Reticulata is a bulbus iris, not rhizomes. If daffs grow for you, they might. Really dry not a good idea. If you plant them in pots, they might be all right. I'm not used to dry conditions.

Corrales, NM

I just had my first iris open fully. It is AB "Sheba's Beauty". Darker than Dave's photo. S-purple, falls,
dark maroon. So unexpected, since ordinarily the buds appear around the 15th of Apr. AND this one is
listed as blooming Late. Our weather today is 60 and windy. What a shock! We have had a very cold
winter, with frozen pipes etc. But my arilbred iris are doing wonderfully and others have buds showing.
So go figure! They are so lovely.

South Hamilton, MA

It gets cold in the dessert. I would say that the enemy is too much moisture.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.