Wow what weather

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

YestwedaY IT WAS 80 degrees today it is windy and nippy and only going to be in the low 60s tomorrow. I sure hopethe frost season has passed.
Spring is tomorrow and 43 years ago tomorrow my oldest son was born and it was snowing to the tune of 4 inches in Bremen Georgia.
Hugs all and hope you are planting your seeds already.

Lavina

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I've only moved the more hardy stuff out of the greenhouse and haven't started potting up the seedlings yet into bigger pots .. I'm terrified that if I do we'll have a hard freeze and everything won't fit back into the greenhouse.

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Hi Lavina, I have spinach and mesculin lettuce in my deck pots, but otherwise no seeds outside yet. I have some trays ready to go, should have done that earlier and kept them in the garage, but they can go on the deck too (Lowes had BOGO seeds last weekend). Whether the 50's or 80, it's terrific to have warmer weather!
Entlie

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

I'm also loving this warm weather... every day it's hard to fight the urge to pull more stuff out into the yard. Hopefully mother nature plays nice this year and gives us no additional frosts in early April.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

It would be sooo nice if we're done for the year on frost - the veggie garden is off to a great start with sweet onions, chives, beets, pea's, beans, cilantro and lettuce's sprouting everywhere - I got jiggy and put 4 of the Roma seedlings in the ground and the rest are in pots in case they need to be put up...cukes are ready to plant...I love spring!!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I planted my window boxes yesterday .. since they are next to a south facing brick wall, even if we do have a light frost they should be ok.

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

Despite NOAA saying it's going to be below average climatology (highs in the 60's a lot I guess), the forecast shows it being well above freezing at night through the first of April. Granted 3 of the last 4 years we've had early to mid-April frosts, but I'm hoping this year it's done with. I have pulled more and more out every day, and this afternoon I plan to start my planting with my gingers. I'm hoping mother nature is all warmed up for real this year. Mom always said if the China Berry tree is putting out, the frosts are done. We'll see if that holds true bc it's putting out new growth.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.