garlic mustard

Syracuse, NY

I declare May "Garlic Mustard Eradication Month".

Check out this website:
http://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/plants/garlicmustard.shtml

Anyone on board?

It has become a real problem in our garden and in our neighborhood, but we're beginning to make some progress in managing it.

Grayson

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

It's a never-ending battle even in the middle of our 30 acre wooded hillside...I need to hire a team of people to yank them, because I can't just poison the whole forest, lol!
Thanks for the link--bookmarking it!

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

I am suddenly all jazzed up about this plant I've been cussing for almost a decade.

I heard on NPR recently that this is the MOST nutritious green ever tested. It is terribly INVASIVE here. I have hated it for years. I will continue to hate it where it doesn't belong. Yet since I have learned how nutritious it is, I plan to grow it in containers where it can't escape, keep it deadheaded, and chow down! I've been needing to find a food crop that would be prolific and strong here in zone 5.....

Beans and greens, baby. Beans and greens. FREE FOOD!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm on board for sure! I pull and trash it where ever I encounter it. Well, almost....Unfortunately I see lots of it along to C&O Canal towpath beside the Patomac River, which is National Park Service property. I'd pull it except that I might end up in jail.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Just tell them you need the food, greenthumb99! lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.