Stocking Up What do we keep on hand?

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

While we are familiar with the ins and outs, highs and lows, ups and downs of the dance with "stuff"in our lives and the cost/benefit ratio economically, physically and emotionally of same, there are times when it makes sense to "stock up"

Are we panic or prudent perveyors when a scarcity, disaster, weather event or in the face of long term risk assessment? How many days worth of toilet paper do we routinely have on hand? Are we the last minute shoppers who find the store shelves empty or the gas lines long? Do we know where our hand operated can opener is or if our batteries are fresh?

In light of the terrible ongoing events in Japan , my decluttering efforts and focus has shifted to assessing my priorities of what, how and why the stuff in my life comes and goes and the larger purpose of my individual life in the whole scheme of things. Clearly to me, my stake in the future is to be today what will most likely see my two young grand children thrive on the Earth. Survival of the species...This is me, and not how I think every one "should" be...

Here is a link I found this am about some practical actions when downwind from a potential danger from near or far that is helping me assess the risks as it unfolds all over the world.

FYI http://www.ki4u.com/illwind.htm

I would feel remiss if I did not pass this on. I care about us all beyond words.

Decide for yourself what is right.

Judy

This thread has 39 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!