Lingerie weight fabrics

Batesburg, SC(Zone 8a)

I have a question. I had found a nice simple gown at the Goodwill store. It is cut on the bias, front and back, with cap sleeves. I want to use it to make patterns for sewing up a few of these gowns. However, being that it is used, the fabric info has all worn/washed off. Any ideas of good silky non-knit fabrics for sleeping gowns and lingerie? I have looked up nylon, tricot, satins, bamboo...and a few others I can't remember. None sound like it.
This is a very light weave, no slubbing, non-knit, non-sheer, silky feeling. Thoughts? I deas? Suggestions?
It wears and washes really well.....of course, some sort of man-made. Just have no idea what it might be. Oh, also..it is not a vintage piece. Maybe less then 10 yrs old.

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!