Jim Walters homes in SC

Batesburg, SC(Zone 8a)

We, fiance and I, recently bought a 1952 Jim Walters home, on 1 acre. The original home was built in 1952...and the footprint is extremely small. I have been trying to locate any info on im Walters home, vintage, but none to be found online. We are trying to figure out the layout, so as better to remodel and update with. It is all a hodgepodge of re-muddle now, for the most part. Looks good from the street, but once you walk in the door.....not so much.
No traffic flow so to speak. Bathroom was an afterthought, as there seems to be no evidence of one in the original structure. I don't think bathrooms were part of rural everyday living in SC back in the 40's and 50's. The bedrooms are tiny....8x10..maybe. Hard to tell, as the interior walls have been removed and exterior columns put into the main house living area.
No heating or furnace. Up on piers.

Thumbnail by moxies_garden
This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!