DD's first sewing machine?

Rockport, ME(Zone 5b)

I've been sewing and quilting my daughter's whole life, but she never seemed to take much of an interest in it. She got married a couple years ago, and will be out of school for good next year. Suddenly, for her 28th birthday, she says she wants a sewing machine! Yay!!! The thing is, even though it's her first, I don't want to get her a cheapy. She'll probably have it for years to come. She's never even tried mine, so I know her skill level is very newbie. I've got a 20 year old Singer that works well for my needs, but I keep reading bad things about newer Singers. I want to get her one where she doesn't have to fuss with tension settings. I'm thinking of an electronic Janome. I know a lot of you probably have Berninas. What would you do in my place?? My budget is around $400.

This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!