Herbal seeds...

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I have wintersowed many of my herbs and there is germination on some of my favorite annual herbal seeds.

I thought I would offer small starts of a few different kinds of herbal seed to others.
For now, I have seed from the following:

Eyeball or Toothache plant ~ Spilanthes This one has lots of chaff in with the seeds (tough to clean or I'm too lazy) but germination was excellent and the seeds are fairly plentiful.

Thumbnail by podster

Basils:

Flea market basil ~ an unknown basil with a delightful taste/fragrance. It has a woody stem and the new growth has a purple tint to the foliage. I picked it up at a flea market last spring. (see this photo)

Lemon basil
Lime basil
These citrusy basils will make your saliva glands drool!

Pistou basil ~ a delicate leafed, delicate tasting, pretty little basil plant.

Cinnamon basil ~ a longtime favorite basil. It is great to use in fruit salads and desserts.

Sweet Genovese basil ~ a bit larger leafed basil

Thumbnail by podster

Dill ~ mammoth Long Island

These will be small amounts of seed.

I will gladly provide the envelope & stamp.

All I ask is when you harvest your seeds, please remember to share your seed harvest with others in the future.

Please dmail me with your name and address if interested.

Stratford, CT(Zone 6a)

Go you still have seeds available?

Yes... I do! Please dmail me and tell me what you might be interested in. And send your address. I will get them in the mail Tues or Weds.

Stratford, CT(Zone 6a)

Thanks so much, sending mail

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

do you have seed left? if so, I'd be interested!

Cue_Chik ~ I do! Please dmail me with your address. I am always glad to share...

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

Do you happen to have any more of the flea market basil left?

BTW, it looks a little like russian blue basil or african blue basil. (Going by internet photos.)

I do have some left. In fact my 'flea market' basil plants overwintered in the GH and still have blooms and seeds. The stalks are really woody. Would you like some seed, then you can possibly tell me the ID for sure... dmail me with your addredss if you would like some.

I picked this basil plant and epazote up from an hispanic women at the flea market. She always has things that are a tad unusual.

This message was edited Mar 30, 2011 6:52 PM

This message was edited Mar 30, 2011 6:53 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.