GOOD watering hose

Richmond, CA

Can anybody tell me what is a really good - i.e. supple, not kinging water hose ?
Thanks for all the help !

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

I want to know, too! LOL!

Mesilla Park, NM

This year I decided to get smaller hoses and put them on each end of the water beds.. I too had the kinking problem. We do have a drip system, but they don't always provide the amount of water needed in the time I have to water, so I augment it with water from the hose. I found a shorter hose and it really worked well, no twisting or turning yet, but, it should be easy enough to untwist when it does. So that is my current plan.

Hopefully you guys will let me know too.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

A water hose acts the same as a rope or a line on a fishing spinning reel. Each horizontal circular loop puts one twist in the line. Casting the line from the reel removes one twist per loop. You can buy a hose reel that winds up the hose vertically, same as a casting reel, and you will not have any twists when you stretch it out. Another alternative, if you coil the hose on the ground, is just twist the end of the hose one time for each coil but in the opposite direction the hose was coiled. It makes a big difference if the hose is full of water under pressure with an end shutoff valve such as a sprayer head.

Thanks Oldgardenrose! I've tried doing that to my 50' hoses, but I am still getting constant kinks in my hoses. It drives me nuts when watering my plants. I have heard that there are kink resistant hoses. Just haven't found one that actually works! LOL!

i have one 50 footer that never kinks, it was given to me so i dont even know where to get another one. the only drawback is that it is heavy, however, all my other hoses kink, so it's worth it.

sherman99 - I hear ya about those heavy hoses! Ugh! I have arm muscles that came from dragging my hoses around! LOL!

so far all i have gotten is out of breath, but am hoping for arm muscles !!

LOL! I get aggrevated and will do a major jerk of the hose which sends that heavy hose flying! Anything in that flying path gets knocked over! LOL! I just don't have the patience for untangling those kinks! I need to just install soaker hoses, a drip system or something else. Then I could spend more time pulling weeds and less watering my containers! LOL! Only in my dreams, gang! LOL! In a perfect world ...

Richmond, CA

I found a good hose - COIL hose on the internet. It is not inexpensive, it is made in USA. Do niot buy the one available in Home Depot

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.