I've buds!!! Flower Buds.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

We have had a pretty rough winter, but dispite all that. Spring appears to arrive earlier this year than last. That said, I've had blooming Clems. in April last year. This year I've noticed vigorous new growths and buds formation already. Have yours?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

If spring is early for you that gives me hope. Still very cold up north and snow on the ground but my potted clems are budding and growing new shoots. What a rush.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hang in there Ge, it shouldn't be much longer. :)

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Dont be cruel now. I have to wait 2 months for those.
You did prompt me to go out in the cold with watering eyes and snowie feet to photo buds on the clems.
Sorry in advance for poor focus, its not easy on a slipry slope.
This is Kilan Donehue shoot I was so worried about.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Daniel de Ronda

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Crystal Fountain

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Kiri te Kanawa.
Funny how the buds all look alike LOL

Thumbnail by ge1836
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Awww, Ge, you must love your Clems very much. Thanks for the pix. It's pouring outside otherwise I'll run out and take some pics. to share. Spring is made for Clematis, I think. I currently have an evergreen clems. that opened up their first few blooms.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

i love all my plants and have new gardens so its an affair one plant variety at a time.
At this time its clems.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

plus i have an obcessive personality.LOL

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL with you my friend. Can't wait until yours are blooming. Quite a collection. Okay folks, those of you that are on similar zones have yours sprung out and shout "SPRING"?

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks to all the threads on the clematis forum about care, I followed the the instruction about mulch, manure, fertilizing etc, and my clematis are taking off. I've seen new side shoots on plants that wouldn't send them up before. I have a Princess Diana that didn't grow at all last year, but I'm hopeful that it may still come out this year.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Of the hybrids, I've one that is double blooming, errr makes that two. I princess D. a double?

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

It's a small fuchsia pink bell shaped bloom single bloom.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Lilylove, how wonderful to have blooms. I am one zone away but most of my clems are fairly young.I think I see two flower buds but they are so low to the ground I may be hallucinating. Will take a pic tomorrow.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Bananna18, it's not hallucination. One of mine Clems. is putting multiple buds close to the soil line...I think it's either "Fireworks" or "Dr. Rupel" that has a tendency to do that.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I have a 'dwarf' clem (NOID) that has set buds. When it blooms I'll take a few pictures. :)

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Here it is. Good to know this isn't a weird occurrence. Most of my clems are labeled but we will have to wait on this one too.

Thumbnail by bananna18
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

You're gonna have some beautiful flowers soon.

Athens, PA

How exciting.....

Lily - any flowers yet? You are far enough south that you will have flowers long before we do. I'd love to see some pictures...

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Carolyn, the only Clem. blooming now is armandii, an evergreen clem. :)

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Athens, PA

so delicate looking and pretty!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

This particular Clem. is very vigorous. It covers my arbor and beyond. Here it's traling over to mingle with the redbud blossoms. It's my fav. time of year when these two beauties bloom together. :)

Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It's so wonderful when gardening equals art. Love that look, Lily.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank pirl, how is the weather in NY? Has your clems. begin to send forth buds?

The weather is nice enough but today we have some strong winds. Some are beginning to grow but no thoughts of flower buds yet.

Ask me again in May! LOL

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I just hard pruned my Florida Albena plena. Great hopes for a bigger show this year.

Athens, PA

Lily

that is very pretty!

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Lily_love, you've cleared up a clematis mystery for me. I didn't have the tag from the 2 clems on the rails of my front door that were evergreen and were the first to bloom every Spring, with a great scent I now realize that they are clematis armandii thanks to your picture. Here's funny, in my mind ( I need clematis for dummies) I wondered for years if it were a Spring blooming version of SAC. DUH!!!! Everyone can laugh now. I'm so glad I've joined DG. Many garden mysteries will now become clear (I hope). Laughing ;o))))))))))

This message was edited Mar 12, 2011 9:27 PM

Glad you found your answer, Cem. We laugh along with you since many of us have been puzzled by plants we have growing. You are not alone!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks all for the compliment. Cem, armandii is awesome. Never a stray seedling from them compared that to SAC. :))

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the smile cem.
I am also happy to know what kind of clem it is. I saw it last year growing along a low branch that over hang a path in a home garden tour. It wasn't even in bloom but still looked very elegant....I really like that combo Lily. Nice that is evergreen and fragrant!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes, armandii is a whorthwhile an investment for the garden. They can grow quite robush and need stout support for a long duration. Bananna18, have your flowers buds about ready to bust? Your zone and mine about to be about the equivalence.

Here are some of mine today;

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, they are getting bigger. Wonder when it will bloom.

Thumbnail by bananna18

I'll guess at one week until they bloom. Please take photos. We in the northeast need something to sustain us.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

bananna - Mine are about the same size. I can't wait! :)

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

I've got blooms too! Do you think my mystery clem is Henrii?

Thumbnail by bananna18
Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

My other unknown just opened too! Nelly Moser?

Thumbnail by bananna18
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Congrats! I'm not sure maybe Arlene can help with the I.D.

Beautiful blooms!

The first could easily be Henryi. I'll attach a photo of him. He opens here with a light green stripe that fades within a day or so.

Yes, the second one definitely looks like Nelly Moser - such a grand old reliable clem!

Thumbnail by pirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.