Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Were you a witch at one time, Jo? ^_^

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I thought you might pick up on that!!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i saw open air cremations along the gange river in nepal

Good Grief, it would be stuck in my head till my death. yak

South Hamilton, MA

DH had trimmed side branches of some of the down pines & figures about a dozen poles to help prop up netting to protect agains deer. We have some old livestock fencing up but he has added netting to the top where they like to jump in. The netting gets beaten down so poles will help prop it up. However they also like to walk down the driveway.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

relentless bastds

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

love you joann!

Thomaston, CT

Deer should be able to find enough food now that the snow is gone......but easier eating in the gardens....got a note from niece today, Jo, and am planning our summer visit....I'm hoping the 1st week of Aug. Peaches have to be ripe....

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Love when peaches and raspberries are in season together = Peach Melba!

Yes, Melba is quite a peach!

You do get around, Victor!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Dang, I just asked for that week off work, thinking you usually come later....

Thomaston, CT

I usually do, Debi, but I can always make it the 2nd week! I haven't e-mailed Laurie yet, so I can come anytime.....

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Keep us posted Marilyn.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Raked, edged, weeded, moved shrubs, took out suckers from one of our Oak leaf Hydrangea and made a whole bunch of new shrubs from them. Dug out the last of an old stone wall to re-purpose the rocks in a better spot and pruned back 3 more spirea, now only 2 more to do tomorrow and also I gave serious hair cuts to lots of other things, plus I carefully pruned a couple of Japanese maples. I am going to try to get through the rest of the beds tomorrow, but doubt I can manage that. DH did a bunch of moving too and spraying in case the rabbits get any ideas about eating my spring bulbs that are outside the fenced area. He hauling bags of stuff off to the compost heap as fast as I filled them up and repaired a bed that the dogs seriously dug up hunting for voles. Not sure which is worse. Good day, but I could just go to bed now as I am bone tired. Patti

Thomaston, CT

Wow, you accomplished a lot, Patti....it's a good type of tired! Jo, will keep you posted....will talk to my brother about the week first.....

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

thanx

Was still too muddy to do anything here but enjoy the sun!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Started putting up the bamboo to replace my chicken wire fencing for my blue, white and yellow garden...I need to buy more lashing cord to finish.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

DD &SIL installed the 2 obeliske. This one is in the Lasagna garden. Photos today of the other one when it gets light.

Thumbnail by ge1836
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

funny Jo!
nice obelisk

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

This is photoshopped but what I hope will happen

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

funny joann!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

flowAjen, bamboo project sounds interesting and something I would like to see.

I am trying to figure out the fencing for a new veggie bed this year which is very visible. I am floating to DH the idea of doing a arched trellis with triangular shaped raised beds on either side of it going back to the long rectangular bed that which will be the part enclosed with both a deer and rabbit fence. The raised beds will have to be planted with things like herbs that they won't eat. I just want to give the garden an interesting entrance to mask the actuality of the veggie bed. I am thinking of a very modified French kitchen garden, but it will no doubt look like our normal veggie bed in reality. Hate reality.

Out to work soon, but body is resisting so far. Mind wants to round out the new "Well" bed we dug last year as I don't like the shape of the north end of it. We transplanted a big root cutting of a Oakleaf Hydrangea to where I want that bed to now end, so I will have to now dig up the rest of it today or soon. But I need to finish the final clean up of all the beds today first as the bulbs are popping up everywhere and I want them to come up in clean spaces. I thought I had gotten up most of the leaves during the fall, but they are back. No Narcissus yet, but soon.

A new bed that was a planting Project 2 years ago is now showing promise. Here is shot of a shrub in bloom yesterday in that bed. I need to plant lots of crocus under it for next year or Winter Aconite, Eranthis hyemalis which is up now too. It is Hamamelis x intermedia 'Diane' with one our noble dogs in the background.

Ge1836, Where will be that t photoshop button when I need it and am too tired or old to actually garden? Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Nice pic!

Very nice but I just love the dog!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, Thanks. I did get rid of those leaves yesterday after I took the shots.
Pirl, we do too. That is Winnie, the bigger of the 2 sisters. They will be 8 in June.

Last year's big project was the rebuilding of a series of timber walls that had rotted and a new stone walk and wooden stairs. It was a huge project (mess), but it got done and we replanted it in the fall. All the big stuff that we left in place survived the winter thanks to a very careful carpenter. We hired just one guy, after having the backhoe guy do the major demo work, to do the timber work in his free time as I didn't want a big crew in doing it quickly as I was sure we would loose too many shrubs. Thrilled with his efforts. It is underplanted with zillions of bulbs which will be appearing shortly, I hope. But it will take years to fill in as I envision. Patti

This message was edited Mar 18, 2011 8:29 AM

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Thomaston, CT

Love the witch hazel & the dog! And Jo, your photoshop was great....I think I saw a similar obelisk at Ocean State....am heading there today!

Thomaston, CT

Patti, the project was worth all the time! Gardeners should be allowed to live & work into their hundreds!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Robindog, Ha, I could get a lot more done if I had 40 more years to carve out this property. 106 would be a good run.

My non gardening mom is now 96. She just sent me a brochure about a trip to Oman and Dubai that she wants to take in the fall. I think she is taking a train trip through eastern Canada in June, neither appeal to me and who know what will be happening in Dubai come fall. I will be looking for an alternate fall trip to take with her, so I think she will go without me. She just got back from an Arizona trip. When asked why, she always says, "Because I can". You go Mom! Patti

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Love that obelisk and the photo shopped pic.
Patti, that witch hazel pic with your dog is awesome

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

great pic's patti - your yard is a paridise!

i have been looking at my wh and it is not promising - with the lack of rain i am hoping for leaves! the arnold promise that was loaded with flower buds was dinner for the deer at some point! yup that is 2!!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Patti: I never thought about virtual gardening. If only I could afford any software that maked Haligraphs.gardening in 3 D

We'd still get virtual weeds and virtual deer.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

NO !
Thats the beauty of controle.

Ah - so I could have an army of scantily-clad 20-something blond Amazon gardeners?

Uh oh! The order got mixed up and you're getting an army of Amazon women who love deer, hate Japanese maples, and love to sit around in size 40 XXXXXL housedresses eating bon bons all afternoon at poolside.

Sorry for the confusion.

That was worse than saltpeter.

Scantily clad females don't mix well with saltpeter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.