Japanese Iris Shiro Nihonkai

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I have been trying to purchase this iris for four years and can not find any available for sale. The one commercial vendor that comes up when I Google it has had problems the last two years. I really want this one and would appreciate any help. it is white with purple spatters.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Have you tried Schreiners? Sometimes they have stuff that they don't advertise

No I haven't but thanks for the tip, I'll try them.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

I went over to the Iris cubit and posted a note asking if anyone knew of this iris or where it might be purchased. If I get a hit I will let you know.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Mittsy, is it white with small lines / blotches of lavendar?

yes, that sounds right. I know one has been posted on ebay.

South Hamilton, MA

I wouldn't trust an e-bay iris for accuracy. Did you see Polly's post about it not being available in the US?

For continuity sake I just wanted to post and say that I was able to purchase this iris. After a year long wait it bloomed and I was ale to confirm that it is Shiro Nihonkai. I have added pictures to various databases on the web. I was able to get it from Sara K at Daylilies by the Pond. I was not disappointed and hope many will be able to enjoy it at the WKBG where I am in the process of donating my Japanese Iris collection. I took the first photo on June 4 and the last on June 12. It was quite rainy during this week.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

It is very pretty. Persistence pays off!

That is a wonderful donation. Are your planning on keeping any for yourself?
Marcia

No, I am too old to take care of my collections and I'd like to make Florida my year round home..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.