Anyone have caudiciform seeds for trade?

Hoffman Estates, IL

Hey, I just ordered 2 Dorstenia gigas seedlings and they are too small now to trade seeds or anything like that but I was looking around this forum at all the cool caudiciforms. I was wondering does anyone have ones that will flower and produce seeds? They look like cool and I'd like to add one to my collection. Growing from seed might keep my obsession to want to buy more plants at bay. I guess its kind of early to ask now but I should have a cool echinopsis shicks hybrid bud available in the next two months and I always get echinopsis subdenudata seeds for anyone who would like. I would post in the have/want trade list but I find that people post them years ago and don't update

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Tkrettler, growing succulents from seed is a lot of fun. There is a greater variety of plants available from seed and it's so exciting seeing little seedlings grow up. I have a few caudiciforms (euphorbias, adeniums, tylecodon, lithops, ariocarpus, etc.), but have never gotten seeds. They bloom but...nothing else! Maybe mine are boys??. Anyways, if you don't find a donor, there are some reputable seed companies that sell online. I recently bought from CSSA and Silverhill in South Africa. Seeds are relatively inexpensive too. Good luck!

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

The best USA source, IMHO, is Mesa Garden: http://www.mesagarden.com/

Hoffman Estates, IL

Cool thanks, I want to try to spend $0 though that's why I was looking for seed swaps or if anyone every had extra

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

I'll keep you in mind if my plants ever produce seeds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.