Philadelphia Flower Show

Mount Laurel, NJ

Be sure to check out the porches and look for the coleus on the porch done by the Mt. Laurel Garden Club. These are cuttings from my coleus selection. The cuttings were taken from my yard last Sep. (as in the picture) and over wintered by someone else. I havn't seen the result yet. It's kind of hard to hold this one over the winter, so I sure hope it did well. Our title is referring to "stained glass" and we have a very valuable piece of stained glass on display. This coleus was the closest one to 'stained glass' that I had. My 'saturn' will be in the display too. It's hard to get pictures in there, so if anyone gets some good ones, not just of our porch but any from the show, please post them here.

Thumbnail by coleuslover123
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Is the show online?

Mount Laurel, NJ

They (Philadelphia Horticulture Society) has a web page, but not many pics of the show as they want you to have to come out to see it. I was disappointed with our display. The flowers we had reserved from the grower looked really bad. We actually had to throw some out! We only got third place and we usually get first! The coleus looked really nice though. They were cuttings from mine.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Philly is too far to go for me.
Our local show will be this weekend.
Attendance is down due to too many hardscape and out door livingroom displays.

Mount Laurel, NJ

This is the coleus in our porch display. It was very crowded at the show. I couldn't get far enough back to get a picture of the entire porch. I thought the arrangement looked real pretty. These are cuttings from my plants, but were tended over the winter in a greenhouse by someone else.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2011 1:07 PM

Mount Laurel, NJ

This 'rustic orange' was over in another display (not porches), and is not mine - wish it were! It was really beautiful. My camera does not do it justice. My camera is about 10 years old and was one of the first digital cameras. The philly flower show sure makes me want to buy a new camera! The picture here is a little redder than it really looked, but when I try to tone it down, it looks more washed out than it was, so I'll leave it like this.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2011 1:10 PM

Lake Stevens, WA

Very nice. I went to the NW Garden Show here in Seattle, not one coleus in the show. Lots of other nice things though.

Mount Laurel, NJ

These daffodils are by Walter Fisher and won a blue ribbon (as usual). He spoke to our Garden Club on how to force bulbs and it's absolutely incredible all that he goes through to produce these.
For more Philly flower show pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/sachirico/PhiladelphiaFlowerShow2011#

This message was edited Mar 13, 2011 12:30 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.