(Debra) Garland, TX

Thank you, Vickie.

(Debra) Garland, TX

Spring is heeeeeeere

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Not here YET!

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I've got daffys,crocus and pink hyacinths with buds. Have got to buy a camara.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I've got snowdrops and sprouts and STILL some snow mountains in parking lots, etc.

(Debra) Garland, TX

Vickie, would love to see photos of your place on the mountain.

Carrie, they will all melt away, I promise.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Am looking at a 35 mm camara. Had to buy a watch this month. Maybe next month. Sunshine and warmth is promised for the weekend.
Hope the folks in ALA have survived without damage from tornadoes.
Have not forgotten the dogwood.
Carrie,Can you see ground yet?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yep, ground with blanched crocus shoots!!! Yay, hurray!

Midland City, AL

Vickie, I’m still on the lookout for a camera deal for you. No one seems to be upgrading. I guess new cameras aren’t in many people’s budgets this year. On the positive side, the cost of digitals is going down. You can get one with respectable pixel quality for $75-80. 10 mega-pixels. The old one we’re still using is 3.2 mega-pixels and I paid $200+ new. It is nice to know some things are going down in price.
Nadine says she will be back here soon. She’s been competing in an anime art contest. The contest organizers are trying to develop “an appealing and marketable female warrior character that isn’t a cliché.” Body proportions have to be “realistic” and no skimpy outfits. Cartoonists think that is quite a challenge. You can find such real life characters on most military installations in my experience. (Jim)

(Debra) Garland, TX

Amen to that, Jim. Eager to hear if Nadine enjoyed the experience. :-)

(Debra) Garland, TX

carrie, bud is blurry, but you can see the blue!
debra

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ah, love that blue.

(Debra) Garland, TX

Here is a little more...

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ahhhhh.

(Debra) Garland, TX

And for the finale!

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Midland City, AL

Wow, what an awesome shade of blue! It's certainly doing its part to balance out all the season's bright yellows.
I noticed this little guy in one of the porch rail planters. All MK remembers is it came with a mix of South African bulbs that she bought for the sparaxis it contained. She thinks. Perhaps. :-) Off to the wilds of latin to hunt.
Vickie, send me any pic from a film-type camera you want to share online and I will scan it and send it to your e-mail. From there, you can download it into your computers photo library. If you don't at least pop in and wave soon, I'm going to call you. ~Nadine~

Thumbnail by Sansai87
Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Thanks Nadine, I will do that.
How much trouble is it do to it?
I've been keeping an eye on a camara at wally world for abt $90. It takes me awhile to make up my mind sometimes.
Does the little blue flower have a slight onion odor. It looks like some my grandmother had that came up every year.They had tiny little bulbs.
Have been in a serious depression mode. Am coming out of it now.Someday I'll talk about how i feel then but not now.
Vickie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Scanning is EZ; it's getting around to it that's hard for me.

The move to NC is back on the table - he hates his boss more than he remembered and the lateral position isn't available. Scrolling up to find Debra's links!

LOVE that blue!!!

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, I've visited in NC and know the people there are friendly and welcoming.
Hey! You'll be closer to the rest of us hulligans. LOL We can get together for some serious trouble. At least if oil prices ever go down.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It's the Medicaid and the accessible housing.... his job would be easier and it sounds like a lovely place to live. Ugh, I hate being an impediment but I'm afraid I am. There are a lot of DG folks who live further south than we do.

Midland City, AL

Vickie, Carrie said it right. EZ! Scanning is how I usually post my drawings.
Not sure what is going to happen with one of the contest since it was out of Japan and they’ve got bigger things to worry about. (Japan is the birthplace of the manga/anime style of cartooning.) Most there appear to be trying to keep things going as normally as possible. I guess there is a kind of comfort in routine. I know that is true in dealing with Depression. I can’t always find the energy to keep the routines I establish for myself though, no matter how hard I try. Hang in there. Depression manifest differently in different people, but most I’ve spoken to about it agrees that there is something cyclical about the disease. A natural upswing will probably come soon. To me, it is a lot like living on a roller coaster you can’t get off of. We-e-e-e. NOT!!! ~Nadine~.

Midland City, AL

Happy "Evacuation Day," Carrie. lol. (Jim)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Another nephew today!

Thanks, Jim - we were more interested in the emergence of this little guy. He managed to miss St. Pat's day by 15 minutes! Around here, having your birthday on that day is ethnic profiling - they even make "Happy St.Patrick's Day Birthday" cards. Shamrock everything, green beer, yadda yadda yadda, it's really dull and you'd be pigeon-holed all your life.

This message was edited Mar 18, 2011 4:44 PM

Thumbnail by carrielamont
(Debra) Garland, TX

Happy Birthday, brand new baby boy. :-)

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, thank you! He has no name yet ...

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Congrats, Carrie. He's a handsome lad. How is your other Gbaby doing?
I did'nt do anything today except sit in the sun soaking up sunshine while working in my daylilly containers.
I did do one thing in the house. I lost my Dish remote controll.Have looked everywhere. Will look again tomorrow. Once i lost a box of salt,than found it in the frig.Never have lived that one down.LOL

(Debra) Garland, TX

Vickie, I have lost my glasses on my head and (more than once) hooked in the front of my t-shirt collar, so salt in the fridge seems normal. Think there should be electronic finders, sorta like "The Clapper" that used to be advertised on TV for lights? Clap two or three times and the remote control or the glasses or whatever beeps with a strobe light? :-)

Midland City, AL

PJ had to call me today so I could find my cellphone by the sound of the ring.

Midland City, AL

I've been on a drawing kick lately.

Photo: The Garden Warrior

This message was edited Mar 20, 2011 11:13 PM

Thumbnail by Sansai87
Midland City, AL

Photo: It's not nice to mess with nature

Thumbnail by Sansai87
Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

lol Is she holding a whip or a snake?
I found the remote. It was on the back of my car. Found it after i had drove to the mailbox and back.

Midland City, AL

It's supposed to be a whip. Lol. That one was a cross of magical fairy girl with Indiana Jones. :-) Unfortunately, I’ve never seen a whip outside Indiana Jones movies. A friend gave me a book called "Field Guide to the Little People." I never realized what an image make-over Walt Disney gave the little people. In the original myths they were tricksters at best and downright wicked most of the time. Scotts win for gruesome little folk myths and Slavic folklore has the most mean spirited and bad tempered lil folks. Disney’s image makeover never completely took it seems. I watched Leprechaun on St. Patty’s Day. The leprechaun in that movie is a far cry from the cute little Lucky Charms guy.
There are more blue flowers around than I thought. I just never paid attention to how many we had before. This is a blue wood anemone (Anemone nemorosa), I think. ~Nadine~

Thumbnail by Sansai87
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Man, I wish THAT would survive up here!!! We traveled to Raleigh-Durham and back, met some very nice people, and for the second time this month (!) came to the difficult conclusion that we cannot move to RDU. Luckily March is almost over! (No more chances to change our minds again.)

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, I feel like we are the losers in your decision.
Nadene, I've got a few of those,but i could'nt remember what they were. I never know just where they will pop up.
Nadene, back in the 50,s there were some B westerns with a cowboy that used a wkip. Did all kinds of tricks with it, His name was Lash La Rue.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, Vickie, I'm sorry! I wouldn't be able to visit you ALL every minute, and besides, I have to be president AND secretary of the Granny Goons North Division - any volunteers to take over? See? No, it's all political, not GOP and Dems but whether they would permit Ray to leave his current position. He's kind of irreplaceable. Plus, NC has no home health care -- I'd end up in a nursing home and NOBODY wants that!

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

AW-W-W-W Carrie, Not even for a few weeks? Think of the havoc we goons could create in a nursing home. And we would definately get you out of there.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yuck - no nursing homes, thanks, not even for a few minutes!

(Debra) Garland, TX

Amen to that, Carrie!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Noticed - discussion of Rosa Zeph Drouhine here:
http://www.finegardening.com/plantguide/rosa-zephirine-drouhin-thornless-rose.aspx

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.