> I'm looking/try to find Tinsel Asparagus/Asparagus
> densiflorus "Sprengeri"and asparagoides, A. plumosus – Asparagus Fern

> Can anyone help?
> Regards ,

Please e-mail to,
cyganka1@tpg.com.au
Thank you ,

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

It grows all over Florida, but we can't mail plants to other countries, due to ag. restrictions.

Werribee, Australia

Thank you KayJones
Where i can find them in Australia ?
Anyone ?...
Regards ,

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Might be able to find seed for them. Might also try finding them sold as house plants.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

I am afraid you may have to pass on the Asparagus ferns. Sale or supply of them is strictly prohibited in Australia

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/4790_7114.htm

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

i can't say I am surprised. With their extensive root system and drought tolerance....

Are there any all male varieties like standard asparagus?

According to this link there are three dioecious species

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asparagus_%28genus%29

Werribee, Australia

Quote from Lupala :
Might be able to find seed for them. Might also try finding them sold as house plants.

Thank you ,
That would be nice
Regards ,

noonamah, Australia

Asparagus racemosa is a native here in northern Australia. It's relatively common. I've got some on my place but it's not invasive, it doesn't take over.

Hi Tropicbreeze. I was surprised that 2 of the 3 ASP Ferns Amber was looking for were on a prohibited list, so didn't know if any were available for retail.

Werribee, Australia

Quote from themoonhowl :
Hi Tropicbreeze. I was surprised that 2 of the 3 ASP Ferns Amber was looking for were on a prohibited list, so didn't know if any were available for retail.

Why you so surprised ?, 2 years ago i did get them from Bunnings ,vic.
Regards ,

Werribee, Australia

Quote from tropicbreeze :
Asparagus racemosa is a native here in northern Australia. It's relatively common. I've got some on my place but it's not invasive, it doesn't take over.

Hello ,
can you explain " but it's not invasive, it doesn't take over"
Regards ,

noonamah, Australia

Asparagus ferns have been kept as potted plants for a long time in southern areas. I don't know which species they were. But apparently plants thrown out began to spread like weeds. They were generally exotics (foreign), from Africa I think. In the north here, however, there's a tropical species which wouldn't survive down south, outdoors at least. Never seen it in cultivation here. It's common enough out bush though, but it doesn't tend to take over. That's why I say it's not invasive. You won't find it coming up everywhere and smothering other plants.

I was surprised that they were on a prohibited plant list. I did not know that they were considered invasive in AU.

Werribee, Australia

Quote from tropicbreeze :
Asparagus ferns have been kept as potted plants for a long time in southern areas. I don't know which species they were. But apparently plants thrown out began to spread like weeds. They were generally exotics (foreign), from Africa I think. In the north here, however, there's a tropical species which wouldn't survive down south, outdoors at least. Never seen it in cultivation here. It's common enough out bush though, but it doesn't tend to take over. That's why I say it's not invasive. You won't find it coming up everywhere and smothering other plants.

Thank you for your answers.
I did find someone in Australia ,Vic .who will help me to get thouse plants .
Thank you ,
Regards .

Werribee, Australia

Quote from themoonhowl :
I am afraid you may have to pass on the Asparagus ferns. Sale or supply of them is strictly prohibited in Australia

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/4790_7114.htm

I find them in AUSTRALIA .
Thank you ,

I am very glad you found what you were looking for Amber.

Werribee, Australia

Quote from themoonhowl :
I am very glad you found what you were looking for Amber.

Thank you ,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.