Got someone else's order

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

This is a first for me. I ordered 4 new Sonatini bulbs from Royal Colors. The order came today: I got 1 Benfica, 1 Picotee, and 2 Papillio, all of which I already have. I realized that the cultivation instructions were in French: A clue something was wrong. Then I checked the box which had the wrong order number (off by 50) with my name and address. So I'm guessing that someone was having a really bad day at the warehouse, when the bulbs were packed for shipment. I just emailed them to let them know that there are probably a LOT of confused people wondering why their orders are wrong. At least they have good customer service, so I'm not worried about getting this corrected.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2011 5:24 PM

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Have you heard anything back from them? Wondering if you get to keep the wrong order you received? When do you get your order? LOL! Don't that just figure, tho, the stuff you get by mistake is never anything you really, really wanted!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I emailed Royal Colors with a picture of the label on the box, so they could see that I wasn't crazy, it was the wrong order. I asked for and received a merchandise credit for next season. RC certainly doesn't want to pay the shipping cost to send the bulbs back to Europe, so told me to keep them: and I've already planted them outside. I've got only 3 more of this season's bulbs to bloom. The outside Amaryllis are already sending up scapes and will be blooming March through May.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

WooHoo! Bonus for you, even if you did already have those! That is great, and it's so hard to find companies that really understand "customer service". It's always nice to know some companies still are good to work with. And of course, when they bloom, do post pictures! I'd love to see them in all their glory! What pretty mistakes!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It's proof that honesty pays and it couldn't happen to a better amaryllis grower than you!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Today, I got a box from Royal Colors, air mail special delivery. It must have cost them a fortune to mail. They sent out a replacement for the incorrect order, even though they had said on Feb 28th, that they would give me a merchandise credit for next season. So much to my pleasant surprise, I got my bulbs this year. I emailed RC to thank them for their great customer service.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Awesome! And, yes, it had to have cost them a small fortune to ship! Again, I find it remarkably refreshing that they actually care about great customer service, rather than the almighty dollar. What a great company to do business with!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.