Daffodils Blooming?

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Hi Folks:

Been in Florida since mid November and hearing all the warm weather in North Georgia is bringing out the Daffs. I wish I had an outdoor webcam of my property that I could view online. I'd be unhappy if I'm missing out...hehe. My luck I'll freeze my buns off when I get back.

That way I could see what's happening. Should be in town March 5. How about it. What's the progress in 7b? I think that's my zone.

Nope looks like 7a

This message was edited Feb 27, 2011 6:41 PM

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Was up in Atlanta this past week and daffs were blooming up there. Not sure about further north. It was 84 here today.

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Yep, the daffs are blooming. My Ice King and Tete-a-tete daffs are blooming well. You can see them in the bulbs forum. I posted pictures yesterday.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

My Daffodils are almost bloomed out as of this morning, now my hyacinth and crocus are blooming, peach and bradford pears are going strong too!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh,,, I sure hope we don't have a freeze on the peach crop. Need to get some out of the freezer for breakfast. yum.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Our daffs were just starting to bloom at Maypop this past weekend. The pear tree is budded up. I cut several branches to force here in Atlanta. They are opening and looking beautiful. Forsythia is in full bloom. In Atlanta we need to hurry up with some late tree pruning. The camelias are opening nicely and the hellebores at both houses seem late this year. In fact, they are more open at Maypop than down here in Atlanta. I noticed seed from annual cosmos is popping up everywhere at Maypop. It doesn't seem to mind heat or cold.
L

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh,,, I need to check and see if my cosmos are coming up. I brought my clivias in the garage because they are putting up blooms. And it suppose to get down to 36 here Sunday night. Wet and chilly here with more rain coming.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Here are a few of my daffs.. They are gone now.. I miss them already..They just don't last long enough.

Larkie

Thumbnail by Larkie
Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Have these also..Pink Fringe shrub..This one had a bonus plant in the same pot.. A white one also.. Didn't know it until it was too big to separate.

My Lady Banksia rose also has buds opening.. I guess spring is really here in sw GA..

Larkie

This message was edited Mar 5, 2011 8:19 PM

Thumbnail by Larkie
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Down on the coast the azaleas are just about to bloom and the early bloomers like plums are in full swing. We seem to be a few weeks a head weather wise. Pines are starting to dust everything yellow too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.