Free Seeds for New Bees 02/26/11

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

NOtice Notice notice!!!! My stamps backup is very very low...it sometimes takes more stamps then are sent depending on how full the envelope is...If you can send 6 instead of five...greatly appreciated!!! Thank You

We came from here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1141449/

Chat Thread here also lots of new and old Newbees.....be sure to stop in and introduce your self...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1152857/

K here we are!! This thread is for Newbie information and questions, No scrambles on this thread...

To get your free seeds

Be Sure to put your dmail name and a note of wants in your envie, along with return name and address
Address exchange is here http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/
You have to add your information to be able to access everyone else's

Please feel free to Dmail me with questions
Many of us "oldies" and some Newbies would like to share our seeds with those of you new to Dave's. By new, we mean you joined in the last 8 months(or so) and are a paying member.
Send me a SASBE (Self addressed, stamped bubble envelope) and we'll send you 10 packets of seeds. (Usually more, depends on our stash) That's all there is to it. Let us know you are sending your envy. Just Dmail me with sent envie today in the subject. You will get a good variety of good seeds.

If you can, stick a note in your envy and tell me they types of things you like. Veggies and Flowers, some seeds you are looking for, stuff like that. It will help me fill your envy. I can't always get just what you ask for, but will try.

Postage keeps going up so now we need five usually,

Send 5 stamps and an address label with your name on it.
4 of the stamps will go back on your return envy, the extra will go into the "pot" I don't use it for personal use, but it helps when some mail comes with postage due and when the "oldies" send boxes of seeds sometimes there is postage due.
Best thing to do is just send me an empty bubble envy with your label and stamps inside. I can use that same envy to send your seeds back. Saves that envy!!
Also, if you will scotch tape the envy to send to me, I can use the self adhesive and won't destroy your envy pulling them open when I get them.
Please make sure you put enough stamps on your envelope you send to me. An empty bubble envy is at least 84 cents, so two stamps. If you are sending seeds, it's more of course.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR D MAIL NAME WITH YOUR ENVY.

I am in the address exchange, so you know where to send the envy. If you can't find it, just d mail and I'll shoot it right to you. At the top of your home page, you'll see the link "EXTRA'S" ,Go into that link, scroll down and you'll see the address exchange this goes to the exchange http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/ you have to add yourself to the exchange then you can get my address.

Oldies! lol If you would like to donate seeds, it would be great.!! I know how much I loved it when I was new and someone sent me seeds to get me started. Now I want to pay it forward and maybe you would too.

For those of you who would like to help the newbies, but just don't have a lot of seed, if you would like to trade for seeds, that is great as well. Send seeds for the newbies and I will send you the same amount back. Put a note in with your DG name and let me know what you are looking for also.
Happy Gardening Everyone,
Robin

Thumbnail by arejay59
Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Those deer better NOT be eating our Robin!

I think it went past me a long time ago - like more than a month. But I may be confused.

Excuse me: I AM confused, most of the time. But I MAY be confused about which Robin went past me multiple weeks ago. It was a big one!

Corey

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

Arejay I sent off the Robin on Feb 1st to Sherman99.

i am the one that sent it to brewster new york. it was delivered there. seems to have gotten stuck i guess.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I think your right it went from Ca to Brewster Ny and it does not want to come to Maine there is just to darn much snow!! 18 more inches last week and snowing today!! Maybe it will turn up!! If there is anyone on the list that did not receive let me know so we can put a package together for you!!

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I'm new here, would love to receive a welcome pack...I also have a couple of things to contribute. Not a lot yet, as I inadvertently left all my seeds - some saved from other years, some bought last fall and some collected- in CT when we closed the house for the winter and had to buy new ones for the early starts.

What is the best size of bubble envelope to get? I'm planning a trip to the PO tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

The 6 inch one is best!! Ill be watching!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Guess what? http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1141449/

Newbie to arejay: I'm a little confused...which thread is active? I seem to be watching both, and each has a link to the other!
Got the envy today, looking through what I have so I can send at least a couple of things I have extra...should be mailing out tomorrow.

Hi everyone, THIS is the newest thread. The other one is so long some, especially dial uppers can't make it to the bottom. BUT looks like the RR has been found and ready for her flight back home! Ye Ha. Woo_ Hoo and all that stuff. Seed aholicks, here she comes!
All you newbees ready to start new gardens, look out she is loaded.
Thanks for the new thread Robin. I have wireless internet but it just wouldn't go to the bottom for a week or so on the last thread. It would just freeze. Glad the robin was found and all is well. She just must have needed a rest or a diet to get the lift off. I hear some of the first stops fed her pretty good. Hope everyone has had fun and enjoyed finding new seeds and better show us the new blooms this summer when you get some. Have a great week and soak in some sun. It is beautiful here. I have dafodills and Bradford Pear trees and yellow Forsythia bushes all in bloom. Hyacinths are budded out and won't be long till I see color there. The greenhouse is bursting in color from petunias ad a couple other plants, I can't remember the names of. But very nice. Feels like spring already. I'm getting scared to look around the corner because we always get a freeze in April.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

This is the active thread I am just leaving the other one open for a couple of days so we dont lose anyone!! Then I will close it.
Hi Jan isnt it exciting the Robin is on the way..to someone somewhere!! Yeay!! No freezes this April Jan we did that last year lets skip it this year!!!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

We always seem to have one last SLAP from old man winter in April. Just his twisted sense of humor saying mwahahahahhaahaha (evil laugh) at us!

I noticed yesterday how much the horses and donks are starting to shed, so I'd say we are getting close!!!! Here is DH with our new 'pets'. A new mini siberian burro and a regular size one. This was taken when we first got them home, and 'Powderkeg' didn't want to get out of the trailer! lol That is mini 'Jake' with DH Richard.

Thumbnail by Crit

Arejay, the envy got sent off today by my bf...I hope there is enough postage on it. I put 2 stamps, then added the seeds I'm sending. I planned to go get it weighed at the PO to make sure, but then he was going out and just took it and put it in the box outside. I put 6 inside the envy for the return. Please let me know if I owe you more and I will send them asap. Thanks, Pam

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ok Pam Ill watch for it!!

Beautiful Burros Crit! Where on earth did you find them. My DH wants to find one. Those are just adorable.

A friend of ours had them and had to get rid of them, so we took them. I'm not sure where he got them.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

helloooo all my fellow 'seedy' peeps! yes, I am BACK! took a brief hiatus from DG (another way to say my subscription lapsed. hehe) but now that Spring is here, and my Butterfly garden is just screaming to be redone, I will be spending alot of time here... you've been warned, lol.

Robin, II will be sending some seeds later on in the season for the newbies... I'll drop some postage in as well to help with your dwindling stock pile :)

Getting ready this weekend to layout and plant the new butterfly garden, which has been moved from its previous location. I always start it off with plants at first, and then seed through spring. The former Butterfly garden is now the herb garden. yup, yup, lotsa stuff going on here.

Hope to be seeing all my old DG buddies and make some new ones.

P.S. anyone know a really good source for coneflower plants?

Glad to be back ,

-cue

YIPPIE!!! Heloow Cue! You can even bring Lucy, but make her behave.
Welcome home girl! Big smile.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Lucy is very glad the chilly weather is over (for the most part), she was beginning to eye the dog. She has a touch of cabin fever.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Ok, I posted pics of this years new Butterfly/Hummer garden over in the 'Butterfly and Hummingbird Gardening" forum :)

I guess you forgot to post a link to that , huh?????? :-)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

OOPS!!! fixin it right away!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1162242/

ok... done ;)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Clearing the table...last call (well until next week anyway)...did I forget anyone?

Just wondering...did you get my envy yet? Thanks! Pam

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

No not yet Pam...Sorry

Is anyone looking for any particular seeds they haven't found yet?

I think I'm good Mekos. Some gals in the houseplant swap are helping me with Monarda. Someone else was helping me but I forgot who :( Now I'm trying to find more poppies and carnivorous plants for my son.

Florala, AL

we got part of the modular building on the property sat before we got rained out.. hoping to have everything together this sat and be in by the following :)

OK Tikipod, let us know if you don't get enough. I have a couple packs of seeds here. Lemon and Red

mekos ... I'm still looking for some of the hard to find seeds like shrimp and lollipop plant, and others along that line. Things that are really different.

I also thought I was receiving a licorice mint and satin pothos from another DG'er, but found I had the wrong name on those.

Anything you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Crit - if you cant find seed for Shrimp plants, I have one that I could take cuttings from, should you not be able to find the seed

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Shrimp plant hmm...If I come across any while I am cleaning cleaning I will send it to you Crit!! Now what was I going to say...hmm I had a purpose for coming. Let me see...Ill be back.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Erin are you here? Thats what It was ...Erin come out come out where ever you are!! One more envie to fill...whew...people are ready for spring!! I hope that means the snow is leaving my back yard soon!!!!!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I found you Erin check your dmail.

Thanks gals!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Tiki, what kind of poppies are you wanting for your son?

I wanted an assortment. He loves poppies, especially the seed heads and harvesting seeds. I had harvested some seed from a neighbor but the seeds got wet and the entire bag molded over winter. I had bought a packet called poppy collect but I think I accidentally put them all in the round robin or another rotation box that stopped by my house.

Funny thing is I had to go to the nursery yesterday and forgot my seed shopping list. Kicking myself.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I think that I have some extra poppy seeds, several different kinds, so will check and let you know.

tiki- i have a few pkts of poppy seeds i could send you- will get off a dmail letting you know what kinds

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I think the last envie is in the mailbox!!!

Thumbnail by arejay59

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.