February 26th, 2011: Episcia 'Strawberry Patch' (Episcia ) by PanamonCreel

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The Bloom of the Day for February 26th, 2011 was Episcia 'Strawberry Patch' (Episcia ).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2011-02-26

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

This is georgeous! A pink one with red flowers. If I had this one, I would grow it for the foliage alone. Luciee

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Wow! Showstopper!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow - that foliage is gorgeous!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

OMG .. that is outstanding!!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

You can never go wrong with so much PINK! Do you think it is really grown outside? I have to move!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Foliage is lovely and the bloom an extra bonus!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Looks like they are in Mexico, Zone 10a so I guess outside might work there. Ready to move Kell?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Looking at that beautiful plant, YES I AM!

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Photo was taken when I was living in the cold north and there it was grown inside the Botanical Gardens.
Could now grow it outside here in C. Mexico but would have to find some first :P

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Beautifully grown all the same! Try the African Violets and Gesneriads forum - I'm sure there will be someone willing to share if you are looking for another..

Naugatuck, CT(Zone 5a)

Nice contrast of foliage and flowers, quite striking.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh hi PanamonCreel!
I always wanted to know did you took Charlie with you when you nmoved and how is he doing?

Hope you are loving your new home!

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Yep Charlie made it down after I got all the visa work done and got a house for him to move into.

Work is keeping me very busy but outside of work there's lots to explorer around here and absolutely loving the Sierra Gorda which is close by.
Also Charlie and myself can't complain about the weather here :)

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Sounds so great! You need to post some current pics of Charlie in his new habitat. I bet he never had a clue when he was 3/4s dead freezing to death such a short while ago, that he would soon be living the good life and get to move to Mexico where there is no snow! Miracles do happen!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.