Dreadful Birds Pix Vol. 19

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1147930/ We came from here.

These pictures can be improved, it's nice to know there is room for improvement. Please join in and share our shoot- and- missed shots of our adorable feathered friends. Misplacement of focal point. Young leafbuds are quite nice are they not? lol

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Missed it by Thaaaat Muuuuch. ;o(
A honey eater.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Greedy little begger. [how dreadful is this ?]

Thumbnail by ginger749
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from Lily_love :
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1147930/ We came from here.

These pictures can be improved, it's nice to know there is room for improvement. Please join in and share our shoot- and- missed shots of our adorable feathered friends. Misplacement of focal point. Young leafbuds are quite nice are they not? lol[/quote]

Thanks for starting the new thread!

[quote="ginger749"]Greedy little begger. [how dreadful is this ?]

Gross!! ;-)

Hi Ginger - on the number of posts, it was largely the practical observation that once a thread gets more than 125-135 or so posts, the posting rate on 'communal' threads like this and the Daily Pics drops off conspicuously - the load times do seem to dissuade people from reading and/or posting. Of course for 'own' threads like your Birds from Queensland, you can let it go on as long as you like (but bear in mind, you may be getting fewer readers!).

Resin

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

My computer is an older one and we do not have real broadband where I live. They have 3 different speed packages to choose from and charge accordingly. We have the middle package and it can still be quite slow at times. So I do appreciate the method we use here.

This Turkey Vulture was over in a nieghbors tree. The dark gloomy weather did not help much!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This Siskin reached over at just the wrong moment!

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin

oops! lol

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Almost there!

Thumbnail by Lily_love
PERTH, Australia

Pity about that one, Kim. It would have been a fantastic shot.

oh man....sooooo close!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hah, the very same hawk decided to come down for a closer look later in the day. Yes, it was sooo close. I believe this is the same one, look at the detail on the tail. (Our backyard in a minor flood).

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Marlton, NJ

Wow hope the water starts dropping soon.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

So far it receeded 3/4 of a foot. :)

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

looks like it might be a coopers hawk ??? had a beautiful day to shoot photos of Eagles .... BUTTTT...I need a better camera.I did shoot some 35mm ,dont have them back yet...so here are my bads...

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

hg, you and I we're both yearning for a better camera one of these days. We've a nesting Eagles with a couple of Eaglets that are several weeks old. I'll share some more pics. of them in the near future. :)

Oh! Thanks for the Hawk I.D. I wasn't sure what kind it was.

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Lily i like this one but it only 10x op zoom 16xdigital ,which is not horrible ...but you know !! and my 35mm is only 70x,I really should go look at a used lens for it.Here is a shot of our new visitor a Sharp Shinned Hawk

Thumbnail by huggergirl

such a beautiful blue sky too

Thumbnail by huggergirl

This is the area where the Eagles roost,its called 7 pillars miami Indians lived in the area this was used as a trading post

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Mississinewa River in Indiana 7 pillars at least these were good photos ,It was great day to take a roadie...

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is my fabulous picture of a Wood Duck. I call it Wood Duck Yuck.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

Quote from Mrs_Ed :
Here is my fabulous picture of a Wood Duck. I call it Wood Duck Yuck.

That'd have been a good one, if it hadn't got goosed!

Resin

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

heh. nice, Resin.

Marlton, NJ

Looks like a beautiful place with great weather hugger!

Cute one Mrs Ed!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Interesting place gh! 7 Pillars. I'd love to see it somedays. ^_^ with Resin and Mrs. Ed.

come on up ,over or however,It is a really beautiful place,and Interesting,we need to go again and look for arrow heads,and Eagles.

Wood ducks are so pretty,waiting for a pair that come every spring ,they dont nest here but they visit every spring .

It was a beautiful day,makin me get spring fever

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank you hg, I'll add that to my to-do list. :)

I'm still looking for a better photo opt. with this Junco and friends.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Amid the pretty blossoms there is a Blue Bird in there, you're going to have to trust me on this one. lol

Thumbnail by Lily_love

oh is it a redwood blooming ? I see the BB..cant wait till mine blooms

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

hg, it's Redbuds that are making their debut. Dogwoods will follow suit in matter of days. Some year, the two bloom the same time. They make a beautiful contrast in the landscape.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Marlton, NJ

The pink near the Bluebird looks so good.

I have one and just was at a loss,menopause memory...acckk...redwood ,redbud,hahaha shoot...

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I have a cute name for those moment, hg. It's called "Sometimer" meaning sometimes I remember, other time I don't. lol.

Here is another dreadful bird pix. Looks as though he was sent "flying" out the door by the Mrs. lol.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

I soo want to put up my BB house but the da** hsp keep bullying them out ,I provide other houses.. was thinking about placing it across the road on a fence post,but too far away from me,to watch...acckk stupid hsp

Melbourne, FL

Happened to catch the Pileated Woodpecker flying by, but would'nt you know he flew right next to a power line!

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Oh Mine!!! Look at him goes!

oh my! lol

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hummer dodges the photo opt. lol

Thumbnail by Lily_love
PERTH, Australia

Nil desperandum, GP. You could sell that as art and make a fortune.

Lily...think we all have our share of those shots!! lol

Great Blue Heron flying over this morning. It hadn't got it's legs completely in position yet! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.