wanted: coleus seeds

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Does anyone have any seeds, any varieties, of coleus that they could part with for postage or possibly some seed trades. None of my coleus made it thru the winter, and I love have them in pots with my other flowers. Not sure what seeds I have left, but know I have some different flowers, cannas, so if not interested in postage, make a suggestion or 2, and I'll see if I can find what you need. Sorry my lists aren't updated, but just can't seem to find the time to get it done ;-)

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

SKellogg,
Coleus generally don't come true from seed. They are also very slow to get to any size for me.
They do grow well from cuttings and here is a good source for unrooted cuttings. This link is for mixed sun coleus cuttings; http://ncfarmsinc.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=66_80&products_id=778
This is the link to all of their coleus. http://ncfarmsinc.com/store/index.php?cPath=66_80&sort=2a&page=1
They have doubled the number they had five years ago.
I have grown coleus from these before and they were great.
Pest free and fresh.
Sidney

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Thanks Sidney! I knew that they typically didn't grow true from seed, but didn't really care what colors and such, so that wasn't too important to me, but so love the cuttings, since they grow slow for me too, lol! I'll go check them out! Thanks again!!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Wow Sidney! What a great site, but it looks to me like I need to order 600 for a minimum order, lol! Not sure that I need that many! I was thinking 6-8 different ones would be about right, but 100 might be pushing it, lol!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

You might see if any neighbors are interested in sharing an order with you.
We have one Angel who did in the past get about 24 and divvy them up 10 at a time and within hours send out nine pkgs with ten of each kind in a labeled zip-lock.
When they arrived I always had rooting trays labeled and ready. Planting 240 cuttings is an afternoon's work.
If this happens this year I'll see if I can give you my spot.
Sidney

Lake Stevens, WA

Skellogg
I have seed . Check you D-mail

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Thanks! Both of you!

New Milford, CT

I have some Burpee seeds that I bought last winter if you're interested.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Sent you a d mail Crabgrass!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.