Bugs on my orchids :-(

Lindenhurst, NY

Hi, i hope someone can help me with somes bugs i found on my orchids.

1 phal has tiny white things on the tops of leaves......look like they are not moving but i know they are buys...Very very minute. No other symptons or signs that I can see. I took the plant and ran all leaves under the water and wiped off any of these white specs i saw...i also pulled plant out of the pot and rant water through the roots and moss. I also pulled out a bunch of the moss....
What should i do? And what could these tiny white things be?

the other phal had a white mealy bug on it.....yuck....
How do i get through all the roots and moss to get rid of any other mealys that are in the plant? I'm afraid to pull it out of the pot because i'm afraid of bugs like this. If i see more than 1 or 2 i will get freaked out and probably throw the plant in the garbage...pls help:-)

Now i'm worried that all my other orhids have bugs.......

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

You'll have to toss them all or get over the bug thing. Bugs come with the territory; like kids and diapers. I had three kids and lots of diapers. I have hundreds of orchids and less bugs.

Can you post a photo of your bugs? Mealies are a big problem with orchids in sphagnum. Good thing you pulled the plant. You can swab the offenders with alcohol or you can use more serious chemicals. How important are the plants to you?

Lindenhurst, NY

HI, oh my i was just going through some old threads and noticed i never thanked you MaypopLaurel -- i appreciate your help. I think i tossed that orchid that had bugs. Think they were mealys...yuck.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.