Happy Valentine's Day!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

The weather has been fabulous today - must be in the mid-40s.

I hope you all get lots of chocolate - and of course flowers ^_^

Cheers
Seandor

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Same to you, Michaela! Thank you. Where have you been hiding? ^_^

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'll buy some chocolate tomorrow when it goes on sale ☺

How are you Michaela?

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

DH and I got our chocolate the other day. We waited til today to eat it.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Happy Valentine's Day, Michaela! How are your rose trees doing? I finally gave up and just planted them in the soil last year, never did tip them over and follow the lengthy instructions but I did protect the bud unions. If they even survive I'll be amazed.

I hope yours are doing better than mine did last year.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Michaela!! Nice to see you posting.....how's that Grandbaby???

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sooooo what did everyone get for V-day????

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I got chocolate filled with carmel and DH made a candlelight dinner.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Michaela! So nice to see you posting! You are missed!
Louise

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the kind comments. ^_^

Sorry, it has been an insane year! We launched the new Sustainability major, and I am teaching the first course. . . . so I am trying very, very hard to make this the best class ever! Then, unexpectedly, I was give TWO independent study students (which means all the class prep work but none of the pay). So I now have four class preps each week - three of which are new! So I am constantly falling behind with grading, etc.

Meanwhile, the Sustainability class is going to create a pollinator garden on campus - of course, we have record levels of snow and I am very concerned that the ground will not be workable until well into May - after the students have left.

And, the premise of the garden is that it has to be do-able by urban poor neighbourhoods. No spending a fortune at the local nursery buying plants! Instead, the students were to come to my place and divide perennials and transplant them. etc. But my backyard has 3 feet of snow and the gardens are largely in shade until well into spring . . . sigh.

And I leave for Victoria May 24, because daughter # 1 is having grandchild #2. I will be there for about 2 1/2 months, and won't return until mid-August. Poor DH will have to manage all my gardens for me - including the pollination garden.

So . . . can anyone offer any hope? Will the soil be ready to dig, etc, April 16th?

Cheers,
Michaela, sitting in my office, looking out at the snow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.