another CLEMATIS

Dayton, OH

I was on Brushwood's site last night, and found a small flowering Clematis (Carol Lim) I thought would be pretty with Clematis Ville-de Lyon.

http://www.gardenvines.com/shop/small-flowered-clematis-4/clematis-carol-lim-410.html
http://www.gardenvines.com/shop/large-flowered-clematis-3/clematis-ville-de-lyon-222.html

Happy Valentine's Day - Everyone

The next few days are going to be real nice, which is tempting me to transplant some flower's, Is it to soon to do that?

I keep getting knocked off Dave's Garden ever since I updated my aol.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2011 2:48 PM

This message was edited Feb 14, 2011 3:34 PM

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

I say go for it!! it would look great with Ville-de-lyon.

Dayton, OH

Thanks Diamond, you are a 123 carrot diamond.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

When in doubt, buy them! When not in doubt, buy them!

My feeling is that it's too soon to move plants - you still could have ice crystals or chunks of ice in the earth.

Dayton, OH

Thanks again Pirl, getting excited to soon

We're all anxious, especially after this awful winter, roseycats.

Dayton, OH

Pirl, we did have a bad start this winter, but it's starting to get warmer right now, hope it stays that way for a while.

Athens, PA

I am anxious too and I have decided that I should move probably 4 or 5 of my clems. Arlene is right, it is definitely too early to move them.......

Dayton, OH

Carolyn, who's Arlene? Pirl is that your name? That is a beautiful name.
Only 14 days left in this month.

Yes, roseycats, Arlene is my real name. Thanks.

Now we're counting down the days - a decidedly good thing!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I was wonderiing about everyones "firat sighn of spring"
Mine isnt the Robins as anyone might expect.
Nor a Galanthus.
Mine is hybernating animal road kill. lol

Athens, PA

JoAnn -

I see that too. I remember my grandparents, years ago telling me the reason you see so much of that in early spring is the poor things are coming out of hibernation.

One thing I look for in Spring - flooding. I live in an area that floods twice a year - January thaw and spring. I noticed on the way home from work that the rivers are rising.....(isn't that a song?)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

It is a song. Yes hibernating animals have very low metabolism and are groggy and hungry.

Sounds too much like me! Scary.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Just dont stagger out onto the highway looking for a snack Pirl!!!!

Good point. I'll try to remain safe in here at the computer.

No "playing possum" for me.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

LOL LOL

Years ago I heard a funny bit on radio about road kill and they had all kinds of names for it. Road Pizza sticks in my mind - I wish it wouldn't.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Bikers snacks comes to mind.

Athens, PA

^_^

Yucky!

Athens, PA

Brings out those huge crows that laugh at traffic when the cars go by. I have to tell you, I have a lot of respect for those crows. They know they can cackle at me when I go by and that I will go out of my way not to hit them!

We share the same opinion on those miserable crows.

When the female neighborhood duck, who had been here for years, was killed by a vehicle, Jack took her body and buried it in our little animal spot in the yard. We couldn't bear to see the crows attack it.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Now THATS a responsable human thing to do.

Jack has done it with dead birds and bunnies, too. They're all in the same area with the ashes of our own dogs.

Athens, PA

Oh Arlene.

Makes me think of our little graveyard in my garden way in the back yard. I have some of my poor kitties buried there.....

Jack sounds like such a gentle soul. That is so refreshing.

He truly is.

I did the burial of all the dogs' ashes but couldn't bear to see poor Adelaide, the duck, being laid to rest.

Here's "The Judge" and his new companion, who we named Blanche. Maybe he selected her so vehicles couldn't possibly not see her.

Thumbnail by pirl
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

lOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.