Wanted Mole Bean seeds

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I have a few things I can trade or will pay postage.
I have moles or voles in yard and trap nor wind mill not helping

Lavina

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

What are mole beans? At first I thought it was a typo. chuckle. Cam

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

It's another name for castor bean. My deceased FIL gave hubs and I some many years ago. I didn't know what they were, either, so looked it up back then.
ME

Lavina, I have 8 castor bean seeds I can send you but have you tried the sonic ones that run on solar power? You can get them at Harbor Freight.com for about 10 to 12 dollars.

I realized what I wrote above lacked something. The product is called solar mole chaser. It creates ultrasonic sounds/vibrations underground which makes the moles move elsewhere. Some people said it also discouraged rabbits and deer from munching on flowers when placed in a bed. Works in about 45 feet diameter around the chaser which sticks into the ground much like the solar lights people use in their yards.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 6a)

There is a lady on Listia.com where they auction off seeds/plants. She has the Mole seeds/ Castrol seeds right now up for auction.

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

I have some for postage. I can even supply the bubble envelope.

mao

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I have tried the sonic thingy, Its been cold here and batteries are not working well. I even got q wind mill to shake the ground. They are every where. And I got the sonic thingys at Harbor Freight in Greenville,NC.

Lavina

the sonic things did not work here. not at all. i took someone else's advice and have been crushing the seeds and putting them down the holes. so far, so good.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

The latin name for Castor/Mole beans is Ricinus communis

Be careful when you handle these as they are deadly poisonous .. be sure to wash your hands before eating anything or touching your face after handling them. Make sure you keep track of ALL the seeds because they are pretty and very tempting to small children and pets. If they eat or suck on one it can make them very sick, even kill them!

X

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Our house in Raleigh is by the Sheriffs training center,I got a great class on the mole beans by a SBI captain.LOL. The plants there froze the last big snow there and never came back up. Now moles are everywhere there also.
I met the captain cause he was curious about the Texas Star hibiscus leaves early one morning. He felt better when he found out it just looked like weed and was a hibiscus.LOL Then I gave him a tour of the whole yard.
Lavina

Syracuse, NY

I have castor bean seeds I would like to trade for banana canna seeds or roots. Anyone interested?

The picture is from my planting last year, and the seeds were collected from those plants. I will not be planting them this year.

Grayson

Thumbnail by garyon
Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

grayon they should come back every year unless they freeze and are killed.

Lavina

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.