Bulbs at SAMS

Harlingen, TX

Does anyone shop at SAMS? It's like Costco or if you don't know what either is, they are just bulk sales stores. Like a walmart but larger quantities.

Anyway they have large bags of bulbs for 14 dollars! I got one that has three Crinum and five Amaryllis bulbs :) they are very large bulbs too so for anyone who knows about amaryllises thats really cheap. They also had a bag of huge gladiola culms for the same price. 90 gladiolas for 14 bucks!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

I'll be checking our Sam's club tomorrow.... and Lowe's to use my $10 off card.
thanks for the tip.

Harlingen, TX

No problem, I hope you get some. Thats a steal

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I'm pouting here! Ours won't have any in for a month or so, claim it's too early in the season. ;-(

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

skell, we are in the 70's here today, are your temps up yet?

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

it would have been very nice (by our standards) today if the wind wouldn't have been blowing so darn hard, but as it was, we did get up to somewhere in the high 40's, I think. Snow was melting tho, so that does help. And in surrounding areas where there isn't as much snow cover, the temps this week are supposed to be up in the 50's and 60's even. I doubt that we will get quite that warm tho, as the snow tends to make it difficult and keep the temps lower. But we are loving this! Thanks for asking :-) It was nice enough today that I even drug out the ladder and washed some of my windows outside. (and no, I am not a neat freak, I couldn't see the birds at my feeders very good, lol)

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

hmmm, need to clean our windows and exterior too.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Wyoming, I have fond memories of working those winds from Laramie to Rawlins, chuckle, and grateful to pull out at Rawlins once finished. Winds are blowing early, jam the hat down hard, enjoy the warmup.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Kitt, fortunately we rarely get the winds that Rawlins, Cheyenne, Laramie get! Which is probably why we complain when the wind does blow some. Hate to think what it was like in the windy part of the state, lol! We sit in a valley, with hills all around us, so we do have some protection usually, but don't know what was with the wind yesterday, lol! They can keep it. But we get more snow that they do, probably cuz it blows the snow out of that part of the state, teeheehee! Don't blame you a bit for wanting out of that part of the state. We don't even like to drive thru there, lol!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Love Wyoming, the winds are blowing early for spring. Here in Texas and Oklahoma, when a south wind turns into a driven wind that blows all day, the next day it will turn and bring the rain, haven't been long enuff around Wyo to check if that is true there, but I do know when Texas gets hit with water, that wind blows it to the Ohio Valley and they get it too, chuckl. Won't be long, they are just waiting their turn in the sun...

Athens, PA

I shop at Sams all the time. I have not bought a lot of plants from them, but have seen some of their bulbs and the bulbs always look good.

I picked up a red cut leaf japanese maple that has been very healthy and adapted very quickly when we planted it.

I say go for it.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.