Clerodendrum in bloom.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

I think this is a Clerodendrum quadriloculare. It's blooming it's head off right now, it sure is a pretty little tree.

Thumbnail by Braveheartsmom

I am hoping that it doesn't sucker badly as some people have reported.

Thumbnail by Braveheartsmom
(Zone 1)

Stunning!!

I don't know Clerodendrum very well but from looking at photo's in Plant Files, it looks like C. quadriloculare to me: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/51474/ Is it possible to remove suckers and root them? LOL, I know some people remove suckers from African Violets and other Gesneriads to make more plants but I don't know about something as large as a Clerodendrum shrub.

Keaau, HI

It's a guaranteed spreader!

In 14 years I've had the plant move more than 50 ft. away from the original planting.

Thumbnail by Metrosideros
Keaau, HI

This plant grew into the ground through a pot laying there.

Thumbnail by Metrosideros
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh dear. Three years ago this week we were packing to go to Maui. Arrived the 13th and had a Valentine's Luau. Such beautiful memories. The news says Bro IZ is now Number 1 in Germany and France 13 years after his death. Nothing can sooth the nerves like an hour or two of Brudda IZ. Guess the whales are in. Ahhhhh. What devine happiness.

PK

Oh gosh! 50 ft away, I might be in trouble here! I don't think I am going to try to root more from the suckers Plantladylin!

Aloha Christi, yes, the whales are in although I think they are staying a little further out from the shore this year, so far. We did have a mother give birth right off Kamaole beach point, to the great delight of the visitors and locals alike.

Jenn

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

That would be a great sight to see! Of course I would love to see Maui anytime.......and all of you, too, of course. Love Bruddah IZ. I have some of his songs on my media player. Very Relaxing!

A Pigmy Sperm whale beached up on Galveston Island today I believe it was....might have been yesterday. It was taken to the TX Marine Mammal Rehab Ctr but they don't think it will live. Twenty have been found along TX coast. They are not sure what is causing it.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

It didn't live. They had to put it down. I saw a headline earlier.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

SO sad! Can't help to wonder if the BP Oil spill caused them to die. They think the others are just sinking to the bottom of the Gulf.

Good to hear from you Pepper! Hope you are doing well!

The weather here has just been gorgeous. We got out in the yard yesterday and the crew did some clean up work. I think we'll wait to cut down the banana trees til the end of the month just in case we have another freeze.

Hope everyone is doing well! Aloha y'all!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Doing great!! Just wishing for spring to get here already!! LOL. It's been gloomy all winter long around here. I need more sunshine!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

me too! I am so thankful that we made it thru Feb without a freeze. Hopefully Spring is on it's way for all of us!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.