I'm Lost!

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I don't know which region I really fit into. The Midwest Gardeners name Missouri, but most of the posts are from the "West": Okla. Kansas and western Mo. I'm FAR eastern Mo.
The Upper Southwest names Tn.
The Ohio River Valley names Kentucky.
I am 20 miles away from southern Il, 60 miles away from Ark. 50 miles away from Kentucky and Tn.
So, where do I belong??
I want to read about plants etc. that works in yards near me. You guys go clear up to NY.
I am 10 miles from the Mississippi River and about 30 miles from the Ohio River.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi birder17,

I'm sorry no one has replied to you yet. I can't really answer you about which forum would be best. Many of us here are zone 6a-6b and can grow similar plants. Maybe you could post on a couple of different forums and try to get a feel for the people and the plants you want to grow and see which one feels most comfortable for you. You might enjoy posting on a couple of them since you are kind of on the cusp of a few regions.

Many on this forum, like to push the zones somewhat and grow plants that really are not recommended for us. What type of plants do you like and what are you already growing?

It's nice to meet you.
Michele

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I am a cottage garden type of person. I also like to landscape for birds. I also grow vegetables. I Iurk round some of the regionals. Melody from Benton Kentucky is the closest one I see.
Thanks. Have a great year with your flowers etc.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Melody is a great person know! She can probably also steer you in the right direction.

I did a lot of cottage garden plants years ago when I had a smaller property. My growing got out of hand and we ended up with a much larger property so I had room for everything, everyone and room to grow for sales. I'm into pretty much everything! I went through a dried craft phase and an heirloom veggie phase, and tropicals and daylilies....LOL I really like everything!

You have a great year too!

Waddy, KY

Best thing to do is if you have a plant you want to know about just slip in the chat thread and ask. If one of us grows it we'd be glad to put in our ten cents on what it does for us.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Good idea. Thanks.!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.