Bolingbrook, IL(Zone 5a)

Maybe this is old stuff for you guys but we saw fox last night trying to get to the rabbit that lives under a large bush in our front yard. I watched him for about an hour but I do not think he ever actually caught her. We are in a suburb of Chicago, the houses are close together, and there is almost constant traffic of cars down our street. Each car that went buy he flung himself down to ground and hid behine the 2 feet of snow we have been blessed with. He would jump up about 18 inches and then pounce with all his weight on his two front paws to break the snow on this bush. . He dug three tunnels (it is a large bush) and when he went in, he very often came out flying. I loved watching him and hope he will come back some day. No, I did not get any pictures because it was too dark and if I used a flash he would certainly have left quickly.
Just had to tell someone !!!
mableruth

i envy you. i live out in the country and have never seen one.

Bolingbrook, IL(Zone 5a)

Honestly, I was thrilled to pieces ! This may sound goofy but I actually feel like it is a special blessing. Living in the suburbs you do not see much of anything but domestic dogs and cats.

I totally agree with you, something like that is a special blessing, especially in the city.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.