Mailing seed to the UK

Oakland, MD

I was recently contacted about some Houstonia caerulea (bluet) seed I have from a researcher in the UK.
I've never mailed anything out of country in my entire life, and I wanted to make sure its OK to mail these seeds, and do I have to put the quantity of these tiny seeds on the customs form?
Any advice/input would be helpful.
Thanks!
Ashley

Büllingen, Belgium(Zone 6b)

Ashley,

I live in Belgium and I receive many trades from people in the USA without any problem and I regulary send seeds to the UK. Don't know their import-restrictions, but if you send the seeds in a bubble-envelope, with just the name and address and your address as sender, I expect no problems.
No need to fill in a customs form for small envelopes.

Jonna

Oakland, MD

i was told if i was mailing anything other than paper i had to attach a customs form ^^;

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Who told you that?

I have sent seeds international and never did that. However, I did mark the outside as seeds so that if there were any question it did not appear as I were hiding something. And, they always went on thru.

I know some people say their seeds never got there so assumed they were confiscated. It seems to me that if they did keep them that they would send some form saying so?? Maybe not.

If you have any doubts why not call the UK embassy or even email some UK agriculture dept. I wouldn't expect to get an answer from any US Agencies. They would just tell you what our laws are. Or, maybe not.

I think that is make a mountain out of a mole hill. Just send them and mark them seeds if any doubt.

Oakland, MD

The lady at the post office told me that XD
I would have no idea who to contact over things like that, or where to find contact info.

i have mailed seeds to Jonna and some other members, in the UK, in the Netherlands, never once have i filled out any forms or attached anything. just put the seeds in and envelope and sent off. everyone recd their seeds with no problem, if that helps

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

I found it doesn't do any good to google for info. Everyone in there is discussing sending marijuana to the UK. I hope that isn't what you want to send. LOL

Oakland, MD

@Jnette hhahah NOPE.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Didn't really think so. : )

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.