Blooming Today!

Bakersfield, CA

And I actually took this picture yesterday. This is BOUNDLESS, a 2010 introduction by Mike Sutton. The colors are very soft, and I'm amazed at how good it looks for the middle of winter! I think this will be my last day here, as my subscription expires tomorrow and I'm not renewing and am not sure when they will remove me. From now on I'll be over on the other channel permanently, and I hope everyone will drop in from time to time to say hi.

Everyone take care,
Betty

Thumbnail by Betja
Kansas City, MO

Betty,

Boundless is truly a lovely iris. Thank you for sharing it. My son has recently moved to California. He loves gardening. He is crazy about the weather. That iris appears to feel the same way!!

K

Pleasant Grove, UT

Gorgeous picture of a very beautiful flower. Helps tide me over til bloom here, at best SDBs in late Apr or early May. Will look for your posts on another channel.

Bakersfield, CA

OOPS!

This message was edited Feb 4, 2011 5:34 PM

Bakersfield, CA

Thank you, and may you have your best blooms ever this spring!
Betty

Thumbnail by Betja
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Beautiful and so spring-like! ;o)

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Oh! I really needed that! We have had sleet, freezing rain, snow the past few days. The big snow missed us last week (were forecasted for 13" but didn't get it). But we have 5-6" of 'frozen' snow on the ground. Impossible to shovel off the sidewalk. Have to chop up and then shovel off. Snowblower will not work on this stuff! I know other locations have had blizzards and way more snow. We have snow coming down now and more on the way early next week. I'm so ready for spring!

Anyway, that photo perked my mood way up!

Thanks!

Debbie

Bakersfield, CA

And if you really want to be perked up, go to Napa Country's website and see the gorgeous new introductions and "New Seedlings". Absolutely fantastic!

http://www.napairis.com/

Oh yes, and it's still blooming and looking perfect! Amazing!

This message was edited Feb 5, 2011 8:25 AM

Pleasant Grove, UT

Visited the Napa site and it really perked up and brightened my day. Really like Rum and Coke and several of the seedlings.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

looking at the sites and making a list of all the gorgeous iris....then......get an email this afternoon that there is a winter storm watch for Thursday night into Friday morning. Heavy snow and drifts...blowing snow ...travel hazardous. Especially in our area! 6" possible. I think I need to hibernate for the next 2-4 weeks!

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

I guess I am in good company then. Two feet of snow, -5 degrees --- yuk. I reallllly hate winter. which is why I haunt DG. I was looking at the digital pictures I took last year to compare to weather then. My pond was thawing out at this time, so I think the cold weather is unseasonal. Either way, according to my pictures, I will see dirt around March 25. At least on the high spots.

Tucson, AZ

wow! that is beautiful betty! hmmm...i might just have to get it. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.