IT'S FEBRUARY - WHAT'S BLOOMING IN YOUR GARDEN?

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I know Julie is busy these days, so I hope to keep this going. What do you all have blooming now? Please post throughout the month.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

Its that time of the year, huh, only our inside plants, and then this opened. Cyclamen coum, and what a little flower! Its just in its first year with me, so I doubt it will be as big a my hederfolium gets in the fall, 20-25 blooms.

Thumbnail by AnalogDog
Fort Bragg, CA(Zone 9b)

We're near Fort Bragg Ca, on the south fork of the Ten Mile River.
Summery days, cold nights.
We've got azalias, cyclamen, johnny jump ups, various narcissus blooming, along with some wildflowers. Our brussels sprout plants are still cranking them out. Hard to believe.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Muscari--pic taken today. I have loads of these and they bloom for a very long time.

Thumbnail by kosk0025

Most excellent my C. coum sent up its second flower recently.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

My first hellebore blooming. I believe it is Winter Moonbeam.

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

I have to correct myself. The hellebore is "Winter Sunshine." Didn't find it when I did the plant search here in DG. I think it is new. Got it at the flower show last year.

Lake Stevens, WA

Speaking of flower show ---- who is going? I have plans to go on Wed. Never been on opening day. Would that be a mistake?

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I might go Thursday. I don't think any of the midweek days are as bad as the weekend, but am really not sure. If anyone is going Thursday, I'd love to meet up. I hate going to these things by myself. But I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be able to go yet.

I will be at the Plant Amnesty booth 9-12 Thursday, then limited shopping (I am still unemployed) after.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Okay, I'll let you know if I'm able to make it. We're in the midst of a family crisis right now.

I am unemployed as well so will just be coming for the exhibits. Maybe we can support each other in not letting the other spend money!

Going on a weekday is far the best if you can. Arriving first thing and looking right away at the display gardens works well as there are the least crowds then.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

I plan on attending the garden show in Portland this Friday. I took the day off so I could get there when it opens before the crowds show up.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I've never been to the Seattle show and am considering checking it out this year since I will be having a week off from school. However, I have made a commitment not to buy more plants until I get most of my current family of waifs into the ground. I have a habit of buying small shrubs that need to be grown up into a larger size befor going out into the wilds of my garden where they are in constant danger of being outgrown by the surrounding grass. I was thinking about Thursday, but as of yet have no definite plans.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.