Eagle Cam

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

probably pretty spendy, ya think?

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

LOL!!! I think so!

PERTH, Australia

It's all happening at the Blackwater Osprey nest.

Thumbnail by MargaretK

Oh My!! LOL

♩♫ bow shika bow bow ♪♬♪

PERTH, Australia

Que?

hee, I'll s'plain it to you later.

PERTH, Australia

I look forward to hearing your dulcet tones - with uke. The music notes tend to point towards it being a song.

haha. Yah, I'll try to do it on the uke. That ought to be good for a laugh.

Melbourne, FL

These guys are getting big. Banding will be done soon.

Melbourne, FL

Eaglet banding is scheduled for this Thursday at 9am.

PERTH, Australia

Oh bugger, I'm going to be away.

Melbourne, FL

I have to work that day too.

PERTH, Australia

Two osprey eggs at Blackwater.

Thumbnail by MargaretK
Melbourne, FL

Horrible news. The mother Eagle was killed by a plane yesterday. The father is now caring for the young ones. What a shock. US Airways plane from Philadelphia struck the bird. Decision will be made today whether to remove the Eaglets from the nest.

This message was edited Apr 27, 2011 8:40 AM

OMG. that's terrible!

This is so sad!!

Melbourne, FL

The Eaglets will be removed this morning and taken to a Wildlife Center in Virginia.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

They left the cam on last night as well as having the chat area open and everyone was able to pay tribute to the Mama Eagle and her family. It was very heartbreaking to see how many were impacted by this beautiful eagle family. I am sad for this family but glad that the eaglets have been removed...they will have a much better chance at survival. Hopefully the male will find a new mate and share another family with us next year.

RIP Mama Eagle....

Couldn't say it better Rose......will miss seeing them tho.

Do wonder how losing his mate and then the eaglets being removed effect the male....

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

I am sure he will be greatly affected by this tragedy. They were together for nine years I think and seemed to be very affectionate with each other. Even though their feelings may be different from ours he seemed very devoted to his mate and family. I think he must be very confused and lonely right now. Poor guy...I really feel for him.

I'm sure he'll be very devoted to his next mate even though a bit lost now. What a terrible, day, but the edge is smoothed a bit by the removal of the eaglets. So glad those people are of that mindset, rather than those "hands off" people with Scottish Ospreys.

Melbourne, FL

Sad as it is, these are very lucky birds.....can you imagine how many Eaglets lose parents in the wild, that don't have cameras watching them? Have to hope for the best for these three. They should be able to release them back into the wild in maybe 3 months.

You are so right GP...very lucky birds!

Melbourne, FL

Here is the link to the Wildlife Center, so we can keep track of the Eaglets. http://www.wildlifecenter.org/ I just read they are planning to install a camera at the new nest.

This message was edited Apr 27, 2011 9:13 PM

Melbourne, FL

The Eaglets are visible on the quickly set-up Eagle cam again.

Marlton, NJ

I can't find it on the wildlife center site. Can someone put up a link?

PERTH, Australia

http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html

I had the same trouble Pelle, until I just went to the old address and there they are. What I'm having trouble finding is the "VIP Suite".

Marlton, NJ

Well their eating up a storm and they look great.

Melbourne, FL

I should have mentioned it was on the old site. I wonder if they are sending the signal to them so they can broadcast it better. I know they said they needed a much bigger cable system to send it from the Wildlife Center all over the world.

They are quite gracious to set up a camera. Hope they are getting some decent donations to help out.

Melbourne, FL

I plan on sending what I can afford. They are doing a great job helping us continue to watch the Eaglets.

Melbourne, FL

It seems the youngest Eaglet, the male, has fledged.

Melbourne, FL

I was just watching and saw one fly out of camera range! They are really starting to use those wings.

Melbourne, FL

UPDATE Eaglets will be released along the James River at 11am on July 27th. Not sure whether they will have any online coverage, but I'm sure there will be some film and pics later.

PERTH, Australia

Thanks, GP

that is such exciting and good news!!

Melbourne, FL

They do plan on covering the release on the Eagle Cam....so I know what I will be doing Wend. at 11am.

Melbourne, FL

The Eaglets have all been caught and are on their way to the release site.

Hope I don't get busy and forget! lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.