Can't Sleep? What do you think of this?

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

A friend gave me a Lazy Cake. This is a square not very appetizing looking brownie/cake....No not a funny brownie!! Anyway, I thought "this is NOT going to work, she is so gullible". She paid three bucks for this 3 x3 cellophane wrapped cake-thing. In it is valerian (spell?) melatonin, acaci berry, and a few other herbs (?) and products. It tasted ok-- Not great and I thought "wasted ingestion of calories" (and $$).
I just ate a small piece -- the info on it said it was produced in an area where it may be exposed to tree nuts (fine with me) and said not for kiddies, no driving or machinery, check with doc if you take meds, etc., and so I was wary. Didn't think it would work, but don' t like to mess with herbs and warning labels. Anyway the darn thing worked!!! No kidding. I am not an easily convinced person... Not big on herbals or things not tested etc. This cake actually worked. I've never seen an ad for it. Sold in a wee grocery store. She ate the entire thing and said it made her very sleepy and calm. I don't know about calm but that small piece made me feel very sleepy.

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!