PLEASE USE BUBBLE ENVELOPES

Concord, NH

Why do people send there wonderful seeds in regular enevelopes? do they not relize that the seeds get crushed! its so dissapointing to get a wonderful trade only to open them and most of them are cruched and no longer good.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I agree - for 44 cents more, you can send the seeds in a bubble envelope - PLEASE, use a bubble envelope!

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

Did they use just the envelope and nothing to cushion them? Or is it the cushioning doesn't work at all?

I want to double check because I've been reusing larger bubble envies by cutting them a fit a standard envelope to provide cushioning. There have been quite a few times I've run out and the stores were out of small bubble envelopes. I use these for small to medium seeds, not with larger stuff.

Thumbnail by tikipod
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

I try to reuse the bubble envis that I receive seeds in. I always send my seeds in bubble envies now. I never understood what difference it made until I was reading through another thread of this same sort. One of the people on there explained how the different envies were sorted.

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

What does it cost now to send a smaller-sized bubble envy? I haven't sent seeds for a couple of years, and I know the price of postage has gone up.
Thanks,
ME

It costs $1.32 (3 first class stamps) to send a small bubble envelope.

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

I am guilty of this on occasion, when I send tiny seeds such as poppy, lobelias, any thing smaller than a grain of fine salt, didn't think they would get crushed. and pack in tiny ziplocks with extra paper around. I have received large seeds crushed too that weren't sent in the bubble envies.

Calgary, Canada

Using the vials might be an alternative to bubble envelopes.
But recently I received a vial with broken pellets.
I should have sent it back, but thought the seeds may be there------no germination!

Placing the glassine envelopes inside a thin piece of foam also seems to work.

You can't go wrong using the small bubble envelopes!

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks so much for the price info. Frees me from a trip to town to the PO. Just just put them out in the mailbox at the end of the lane and let them go. I will ALWAYS use bubble envies. Not fair, otherwise, to the person with whom I am trading.
ME

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.