Need help with a Nippon-type bowl...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hello All,

I bid on this bowl a few years ago in an estate sale. I thought it was extremely unusual that there was row of pale green "raised"/protruding beads of material in the bowl. One would think when it was washed/cleaned over the years that the beads would wear down to nothing...but that is not so. The only wear is the gold around the edge of the bowl. The outside/bottom mark of the bowl says it's "Royal Hinode Nippon".

Additionally, besides the intricate gold beads in the design of the bowl, in the center/bottom of the bowl there seems to be some really unusual pinkish/white marble oval areas too...which does not seem to be painted on.

I have 2 Nippon hard cover reference books with no pics of anything like this bowl. Can anyone help guide me to what it is...and maybe a rough value? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going nuts after spending oodles of hours searching...TIA :)

I am attaching 4 pics. This 1st one is the view of the whole bowl...

This message was edited Jan 26, 2011 3:14 PM

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!