What's happening in your neck of the woods friends? Jan 2011

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1146156/

Thought perhaps the Poinsietta was getting a bit stale .. so .. how's Daffodils in the snow :-)

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Maybe the pre Xmas thread was getting a long ...
Fresh start for 2011.

Laurie .. as a child I remember our basement flooding .. my Mom was frantic as my Dad was at work, boxes floated by as I stood on the basement stairs .. a neighbour came over and helped us out .. pretty awful !!
Glad your pipe was fixed ..

Haircuts today .. and .. SHOCK .. I am HAPPY with it LoL .. usually I grouse about it AT LENGTH .. but .. my hairdresser did a great job this time ..

Off to get supper on

Take care

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

awwww Daffodils ..... I love 'em, and of course pussy willows - is that them behind the daffodils?

~M~ - hair cut? I'm with you. Usually I grouse about it for 2 weeks until it grows in some. they usually give me a mannish looking cut...... This time I went back to the hairdresser and asked her to feather my bangs, not leave them thick and straight across. That looks like my 6-year old pic when they used to cut 'em straight across the front and back....... and the sides, well - they were a "different" story lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hello all, sure hope the boss gets my work computer repaired soon, makes for a long day without you all by my keyboard..not only am I sick but so is my computer, think computer can catch a human virus???

Laurie I hate to tell you this but spring isn't here yet..still more white stuff on the way...heart goes out to that poor family!

Ann, there are several programs offered at our recreation facilities as well and I don't attend due to the music; not only is it not my kind of music but much much too loud and also lso gave up going to East Side Mario's for same reason...

Didn't win at t.v. bingo..Noah my grandson played and was down to 1 number though, would have been so wonderful for him to win.

Have to be a hockey mom tomorrow night, Noah's game is just after 8pm..will enjoy watching the game but not sure about the cold of the arena now that I'm having problems with my old bones..best I bring along a blanket...fun having Noah stay with me this week while Greg and Mel are away.

Well, it's that time of night, waving to all
gab in the morning!!!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Found my way over. Mostly lurking, but I do read even if not commenting. Been keeping pretty busy of late - playing with 4 orchestras in the next couple of months. Keeps me out of trouble.

Victoria Harbour, ON

4 Orchestra's , lordy, bet that means you have a calendar on your refrigerator to let you know where you must be and when.

Computer here at work is still not working properly, no access to the internet and yet while on msn I keyed in google and voila, here I am..so am doing the happy dance...

Few flurries but on the milder side..am sure that will change shortly.

Gorgeous day here .. cool (ish) but so bright and sunny ...

Did town shopping this morning .. visited a store called 'ToolTown' .. NOT a me kinda store, but new, and .. I wanted to use the bathroom. Went to the back of the store (seems to be where bathrooms are usually located) .. and here is a HUGE red sign posted on the swinging doors .. WASHROOM FOR EMPLOYEE USE ONLY !!!
Well .. I was livid .. I politley mentioned this to a clerk .. she said .. "well .. that's the way it is.' 'You can always go next door to McDonalds." .... I told her that I thought it was against the Public Health Act NOT to have a 'facility available' .. she shrugged ..
SOoooooooooooo .. am awaiting a call back to see if my supposition is correct or not .

Makin a casserole .. best get to chopping veggies ..

HI Ann .. enjoy your orchestral buffet, and, Betty .. glad to hear you INTERNET ^_^

~M~

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi ladies, still having nice weather here, took the dogs for a morning walk, first time in weeks, hard to get back into the habit! Really need to push myself to get them out every morning again to re-establish things! Course it has not helped that I bashed up the knee last week- was just thinking it is maybe the 3-4 time I have injured same knee.

Saw surgeon yesterday for follow up visit. Finally have seen the path report and it is pretty much what I ( and he) expected - Metastatic ductal carcinoma.So I am referred back to the cancer clinic for evaluation . I was there for breast cancer treatment in 2002 and last seen there end of 2007 when I finished my Tamoxifin. Had chemo, radiation and T. And checkups every 6 months for 5 years. My oncologist always thought my primary cancer site was in the lymph nodes- guess she was right. I expect I will now have to have chemo again. Not something to look forward to but at least I know what lies ahead as far as the chemo is concerned. Don't know how long it will be before I have an appointment.

Casserole went over well .. thank heaven for CHEESE !!!

Oh My Carol .. you have quite the large slice on your plate right now.
Knowing what lies ahead is somewhat of a 'Catch 22'. You take some comfort from the fact you are not going in with 'blinders on' .. but .. you also know the side effects of chemo should you have to have it.
I am just happy that you are in a LARGE centre ..

Taking 'Lolla Corolla' in for her yearly physical tomorrow .. cryminee .. $150. and that does not include anything they might find amiss .. ie .. whole corn in air cabin filters :-(
I have, what I thought, was a very good extended warranty .. does NOT cover this check up ..
LOLLA is my car ... hahhaha .. just thought someone might think it was LORNA !!

So .. off to the dog compound I go ..

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Carol - not a nice diagnosis, but many prayers and good thoughts are coming your way. You know we'll all be with you.

Re the orchestras, There's the regular Sunday evening one. Every Sunday evening regular as clockwork except last week - the day after our concert. Next concert is Friday, March 25.

There's a special CAMMAC performance of the Puccini Messa de Gloria which is fun. Not too difficult. We've had two rehearsals and will have a few more before the performance on Feb. 13.

I've been asked to fill in with a local amateur group which lost a couple of strong violas. The conductor is a friend of mine and his brother (who plays bass in the Chicago Symphony) is the soloist. That concert is Feb. 26 and rehearsals are Tuesday evenings except one Tuesday I have a conflict.

The final group is one led by a young Korean-Canadian. He's talking big time, but has a reputation for being disorganized and not paying as much as he promises. (This is the only one which pays me). I ignored all his early emails until he started begging and assured me I did not need to audition and he wanted me as principal viola. I decided I'll try one concert and see how it goes as I didn't have too many conflicts with the rehearsals. But I let him beg a bit first.

Better get ready for bed.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Carol - is that breast again?
My sister has it on her lungs..... 3 surgeries to take pieces out, but she's had it for almost 15 years. She's about your age, Carol, but I don't think she's ever had Chemo - although she used to use an inhaler - is that the same thing? Because it's still chemicals? It's a rare form of carcinoma and she used to have to get her medication from the US because Canada didn't produce it and wouldn't cover it (when she took it, it cost her $2k/month for the medication - she doesn't take that particular kind anymore).
Anyway, my point is that, with today's medical technology you can be around for quite awhile with it, and just have to take it a bit easier - Quality of life is much better than it used to be.
Because it's her lungs, and that affects breathing with 3 pieces out of two lungs (total pieces), she can't walk & talk at the same time, stairs aren't easy, and walking in the wind is out of the question, but she works at a bank as a teller and just has to sit down. She's 69 and eats healthily.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Susan what I had in bowels is a metasticize through the lymph system of the same type of cancer I had in breats/lymph nodes in 2002.My oncologist always thought the lymp nodes which were removed were the primary site not the breast and of course that means it could spread anywhere.They do say in the op report that liver,diaphram and abdominal cavity were OK.( and my appendix was normal! LOL! guess that had to go because of the location on the bowel which of course was removed) .

I dont know enough about chemo to know what your sister was taking but it was probably some form of chemo. There is an oral type available also.

I'm not too concerned about all this- I get really pissed about little things but seem to have the capacity to take major issues in stride and just get on and deal with it. But if I have to have chemo again am not looking forward to the food issues! And I still have most of the hats I wore last time ( opted not to wear a wig!)

Chemo is never a 'pleasure' to go through. Have had many patients come back to the unit after their chemo and be so happy NOTHING happened .. after the first week .. well .. as Carol will attest to ... it gets rough .. but there is always many people willing to help you share your load .. and .. there is an end ...

Had to take Gord to the doc today .. seems he has 'GOUT' .. first time and he is suffering terribly .. has meds now .. hope they work !!
Lolla's check up got put on the back burner til I can re book.

Have some snow coming in overnight .. not sure how much .. but .. do believe the shovels, and perhaps the snow blower may be in service in the morning .. temps are plummeting as well .. i heard -28C ..

Say .. I'm not sure if any of you are like me re 'figuring out supper' .. but .. tonight I made Reuben sandwiches with a nice tossed salad on the side ... OH MY GOSH .. haven't had a Reuben in so long .. it was a real treat ...

I am off .. dogs need an outting .. and I need SLEEP

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Carol - I understand that No One likes chemo, and from what I hear I don't blame them!!
My sister had an inhaler type that meant she needed to be in a room for 1 hour breathing this, and no one could go into that room - Ever, because they didn't know what would happen should they breathe that medication. She hasn't used it for a long time.
She looks good, so she's not having problems - Dr said he got all the rest of the cancer when he operated last January, and we're still hoping. It was her 3rd surgery, and each time it came back, slow growing.
Carol, I understand about the "small things" being more annoying and "handling" the big stuff. It's odd, and most people don't understand it, but I do the same thing. Maybe it's because you can see/sense the big things coming, and the small stuff sneaks up on you...... and scares the "living beejesus" out of you!

Sorry - this wasn't a proper image file, and I missed that lol

This message was edited Jan 27, 2011 10:39 PM

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, sure hope my computer issues at work/home will soon come to an end...miss you all terrible..

Carole, sending hugs/prayers for you, know you'll come through your medical issues, what a trooper you are, always seeing things in the positive..been seeing a bit of chemo results in my friend Mike, some good, some not so good..wonderful thing they can now do with treatment.

Seems rather mild outside but then I've not been out .. just opened the door for the furries who are now scratching to come in..

Still have Noah with me until Sunday night..being a hockey grandma is taking up quite a bit of my time, but am loving every minute of it..

Hope somehow I can get on the computer today.....if not, will see you all tonight..

Hope weather is good enough for you all to get out and enjoy yourselves today..maybe make a snowman??? lol

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks all for your support. My decision last time- and this time too- was to have what fun I could out of this experience. So for instance a little party at my hairdressers while I had her shave off my hair before it fell out, a collection of hats( still hanging on the wall in the back porch, maybe better dust them off!) In contrast to my normal practice, putting on makeup and getting a bit more dressed up than usual whenever I went out,
loveing my hair as it grew back in, very grey and very curly for 1 year,discovering that I have a pretty nice head shape so being bald didn't look so bad, and lots of other little incidents like the time the guy at Saturn said Good Morning Sir! and it took a bit before he realised his mistake- he was embaressed but I thought it was pretty funny !

Not so old memories- me with the dogs that summer.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Carol
You are right , your head is georgous! I bet it will be just as lovely this time round as well. A lovely shape for sure, looks good with Bailey and Fancy too. Your yard looks different as it has morphed in the last few years.
Speaking of that what "Mice" did you loose. I have a couple of new ones coming this year from Hosta Choice Gardens and I can share if you like.

I also have some seeds coming from seedrack who have charged me 30% for shipping and Handleing. HWY robbery if you ask me.
I am getting spring fever and the seeds that Jen (smurf) and June Ontario have shared are being orgainized for seeding soon.
I think I will get my Cana's out of storage at the end of Feb and need to get things timed just right as I'm getting my knee fixed just after Valentines day . Thank goodness for timed lights and teenagers who will be able to go downstairs to water the seedlings.
I wouldn't leave it to my DH as last time he drowned some things as he just dumps water on and leaves, failing to see if they needed it or not. LOL.
Bye for now.
Ann

Carol .. you look fabulous !!! Aren't you glad you kept those hats.

Ann .. the Crows are gathering in large numbers here .. ultimately the first sign that spring is coming ...

Watched a great flick this afternoon ..'REDS' .. Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, MAry Louise Parker .. I would recommend it .. no OVERT killing, and NO foul language either ..
Watching Cuba Gooding Jr in 'Ticking Clock' this evening ...

Apparently we are to expect a snowstorm .. THAT will surprise me .. it is COLD here !!

I think Betty's computer at work is still disabled ..

Hope everyone has a nice weekend ^_^

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, and yes no computer but my son who does work when he can for Paul said he'd try and come over the weekend, know he's expected here for snowmobiling so he'll not be happy having to take time to do the repairs..sure hope he doesn't find that his 'mom' had something to do with the breakdown!

Carole, you are beautiful girl..that's a 'frame this picture' for sure..guess half or more of the battle is keeping up your spirits and that you do!

Girls/girls/girls..omg already talking about your gardens and "M" saying spring is on the way..yikes, it's freezing here this morning, can't even seem to warm up in the house so if you are all seeing signs of it please send them my way..must say though in the last 2 days it was lovely driving to and from work, roads were clear.

Hated to get up this morning but wouldn't you know have an 8am appt. at car dealership so up and at it I must be. Noah is still with me until tomorrow night, it's movies in Midland tonight and hockey in Collingwood tomorrow afternoon...he was just telling me that his older brother KYLE keep bugging him so could he come and spend a night or 2 every week so he can be quiet..told him come 2 nights and send Kyle 2 nights..we'll see how that goes..Greg and Melanie return from their trip tomorrow night so am sure they'll have something to say about that.

Plan on playing the hours I don't have to be out so am sure I'll have time to gab with you all..

Good luck with the computer repairs Betty .. I'm sure your son won't mind ..

I am just back in from shoveling a good 3-4 inches light fluffy snow .. getting difficult to find places to put it on the patio !
Gord has gout, so chances are I may have to do the snow blowing (be still my heart) .. Lorna can't go next door as that machine has thrown a chain, which, is 'ON ORDER' will take a week !!!!! Living in 'small town Ontario' has its drawbacks . I have arranged for their snow removal. Push comes to shove may ask the fella to do our place as well !!
Mind you, if someone starts the machine, I can use it .. we'll see what happens .. thankful it isn't frigid out there ...

Coffee is ready .. come on over ^_^
I wish !!

Stay safe all

~M~

st.george, NB(Zone 5a)

Basement time for me again today. I have someone coming tomorrow to put in a new electric heater for me (the old one fried as soon as I turned the power back on to it). Still trying to dry out - I have fans and dehumidifiers running round the clock and humidity level is now at 68%. No dry skin or fly away hair that usually happens at this time of the year.
Off to the hardware store today to buy some parts that they will need tomorrow and also looking for some of those big rubbermaid storage totes to pack some things away in. I have stuff stacked all over down there so need to take some time to clean it up a bit.
My sister has been talking about making cinnamon buns and is making me hungry for them so with a little luck and some time I will make some myself this weekend.
Supposed to have a nice day today, sunshine and high of -2 (almost spring like) so planning a long walk with the dog today too.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - stay warm...........Laurie

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Snow started here late yesterday afternoon, I brushed off the steps and a bit of the back walk last night when I let the dogs out, lots more there this morning. So glad that this year for the first time I hired a company to clean my front sidewalks! They are usually clear off befopre I get up! And I have a neighbor with a snowblower who comes along and clears garage driveways/parking pads in the back lane.
The back yard looked such a mess as the snow melted off- lots of leaves and little branches from the willow tree, now it is looking nice and clean again!
Phone call yesterday from the cancer clinic- appointment is February 16.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Countdown to Feb 18th, eh Carol? I just like All kinds of appointments over with, no matter what kind. Hate waiting at the Dr's office.....

We were supposed to go to Cardston today, but by the time we reached past the outskirts of town (Okotoks, Carol), it was a total WhiteOut, and couldn't see more than 4 car lengths in front, behind or sides........ We turned around 1/2 hour after leaving home and went back!!! Called our friends in Cardston, and they were glad we turned around cuz they were worried about us. Sweet of them.

Well, had another viewing of the place today - they left the agent with questions on heating/electrical, how much the hot tub would be, and how old the appliances are. All good questions! Now, we'll see what comes of it.........

Happy to hear you turned back Susan .. wise move !!

I ended up calling the farmer fella to plough the snow .. he did a fabulous job .. I thought both dogs were going to levitate when that huge machine came up the driveway .. in fact, Lilly, the one who barks at ANY and ALL noisy trucks that pass by, just stood at the gate stunned, Piper behind her ..
I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow .. he's made the banks so high I wonder if we'll ever see grass again !!! BUT .. nobody had to lift a finger .. well .. except to shovel the patio and dog runs.

Laurie .. I hope your 'basement day' went well, and that Sunday is a good day re the heater repairs.

Feb. 16 will arrive quickly Carol .. was speaking with a friend today and we both commented on the fact that January literally flew by !!

Off to watch a movie "Enemy among us" .. thinking it's about US politics ..
Sure is awful what's going on in Egypt right now !!!! Cairo has 5 million people .. can't fathom it ........

TTFN

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Laurie, there you all go with the 'almost spring' lol..send me some of that weather won't you, sure is cold in my neck of the woods..hope it's not too cold for you while they work of the repairs..most likely will have to shut the power off for awhile will they not? Cinnamon buns, now you have me hungry!

"M" by the sounds of it you've gotten a lot more snow, keep you hopping shovelling doesn't it..not that I like cold but at least if it's really cold we don't get the snow and like you wondering where to put it all..always seems so much money to pay a plowman to do the yard but lordy when you see it falling so glad I don't have the long drive to clear..have shovelled and I've saved myself taking the snow blower out..who knows, might not use it again this year so got to ask myself, why did I buy it? incase right?

Is sad about Egypt..I was thinking as I listened to the news, pyramids are closed, can you imagine saving for almost a lifetime only to get there on your vacation and have them closed and not be able to sightsee?? terrible..

Carole, that's fairly quick for the appointment isn't it? sending prayers..

Susan, I'm with the others, thank goodness you turned around..
Well, got back from the movies..took Noah, saw Green Hornet..3D..actually I enjoyed it..laughed a lot, action packed, not normally what I'd have picked for viewing but it was fun..omg, tummy didn't like the popcorn with double butter..still can't believe how much popcorn - 2 pops and a choclate treat was...$22.75..I really should start selling popcorn.

Well, got the kiln on..making SIL earings and pendant for her birthday Monday..made a pretty lace scraf in white so thought earing with a touch of white would be lovely...so best I go check..don't want to melt the pieces flat now do I?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Still snowing here, supposed to tail off tomorrow but then we slide into the deep freeze again.Roads are really bad, lots of fender benders!

Fortunately I dont have to go out at all this weekend.

Betty yes that is pretty quick for an appointment since the request only went in on Tuesday(25th). Well it is nice not to have to wait a long time but still makes one think why so fast- that does not seem good at all!

Hope the earring turned out nicely Betty .. bet your SIL will love them ^_^

Carol .. that is a quick response time .. but .. looking back this passed year with Lorna and her myriad of appts .. I have come to realize that the ones associated with the Cancer Clinic appear to be scheduled more quickly .. not sure why .. the orthopedic surgeons can take up to 6 weeks to 2 months to book you.

Have been out playing with the dogs .. it IS cool .. wind from the northwest .. but .. SOooooooooo sunny :-)
Took some pics .. will share 3 ...

~M~

#1 dogs at the gate welcoming Gord .. gotta luv Westie Bums ^_^

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

A out the backdoor and down one of the dog runs .. banks are getting high ..

There's the patio table I left out !!!!!!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Last one is a HAVE TO SHARE ..

It's Smokey, in his bed, 'refereeing' Lilly and Piper .. he just looks SO disgusted !!!!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Victoria Harbour, ON

Carole, I'm with "M", seems they are moving quicker with appointments, don't you fret, not because it's more serious it's just that they are more efficient.

Jeff called earlier, said I had quite the virus on my work computer, thank goodness I'll have it to entertain myself..last week was indeed a long week without it..

Told him I wanted to purchase a laptop so I could use it at work when playing, told me to wait, my birthday is in another 4 weeks and perhaps an i-pod might be in order soooo I'm a waiting!

Aren't they the cutest...and to think, soon they'll be 3...lol

OMG you've all got much more snow than we do and here we're in the Barrie snowbelt..I don't mind sharing with you all...

As for the earings and pendants, nope didn't turn out as I wanted, might be enough time in the day to put a few more sets in the kiln..got to learn, all can't go in at same time, some glass needs different melting temps..but that's ok, I'm learning, eventually I'm getting it right.

Noah is off to Hockey in Collingwood so grandma here is in her jammies, finished cleaning the house, now sewing on a rag quilt and it won't be long I'll get my e-book and do some reading while watching a movies..need some time to relax..

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Not fretting Betty just want to get on with whatever they recommend!
Very cold today but snow stopped this morning.
Spending the day in the lazy boy-alternating between curling ( men this am, ladies this afternoon) US figure skating and Egyptian news on CNN and CBC!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Carol
We will be in hospital at the same time, I will think of you while I'm awake! This is the same day that my knee will be "fixed". I believe the 3 week turnaround is close to what mine was a few years ago and I agree that they are way more organized there. The efficiency was amazing so it will be good for you to get things moving.

Lilly and Piper look like they have stopped for a minute for a rest?

Weather hear is better than Calgary, my sister is in Dewinton and didn't go and get her grandbabies on Saturday due to weather so it must be nasty for sure.
Our side roads are still disgusting the Mayor has apologized to the entire city for the bad response to all the snow. So many people are stuck and it's not just once, they go a few feet and get stuck again.
Our neighborhood is not even on the radar to do the roads yet. I'm beginning to think that it will melt first .
Oh well at least the sun is shining.
Ann

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ann what are they doing to your knee? Day surgery? short stay?

Yes driving on Sat was dreadful - glad I did not have to go anywhere.

Betty .. we aren't getting Kate .. I re thought it ..Piper is just 8 months old .. taking on another puppy would be tough. As well .. Lorna's Mom is having some health issues which could necessitate a trip east ... leaving a puppy, a 'near' puppy and a dog who thinks she's a PRINCESS, home to be babysat, along with Smokey .. well .. am going to give it one year. The breeder assured me she would be doing one more litter. Feel bad .. but .. sometimes you have to make difficult decisions.

Jeeze Ann .. good luck with your knee .. hope all goes well .. as for your snow .. friends in Hinton have lots as well .. but .. I think their clearing seems to have been more efficient.
Makes you want to HANG ON to your tax dollars ..

Carol .. did you watch the woman from BC (a NON curler) make her 'MILLION Dollar shot' ... wow .. I was cheering away .. she won $25,000. and was SO happy ^_^

I 'think' I may be I might have a head cold on the brew .. trying to be stoic as Lorna has a pretty important meeting tomorrow dealing with her FINAL prosthesis .. flippin meeting is at 4:30pm .. hatin that time, but, ya take what ya get .. better than waiting til the end of Feb !!

MAY watch another movie tonight .. the one from last night was a complete mystery to me ..'Enemies among us' .. am still trying to figure out what it was about .. gov't corruption (US) fer sure .. but .. a very weak story line/plot.

Hope everyone has a SPLENDIFEROUS week !! Be safe ...

~M~

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

M I missed that bit-must have been on CNN! Glad she won something.

I think you made a wise decision not to get the 3rd dog.Piper has not been an easy pup to raise if I recall correctly!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

~M~ - that Smokey of yours looks Just like my Smokey - spitting image.
She was the mom of our cat, Baby (who's now almost 10 yo).
She was just the loveliest cat, and so polite, clean and wonderful. Never went on tables, messed with any of our stuff (even my craft stuff on the floor). Can you tell I still miss her after 7 years.......?!?!?

Victoria Harbour, ON

"M" know you are disappointed but look at those 2 lovelies you have, lots of loving there and as you say next year if you are still inclined to have a puppy the breeder will earmark one for you! Don't you love watching or reading an entire book and wonder what the story line was or how the story elvolved?? Think it was Intervention I went to see and lordy is was far too futuristic for me, came out not knowing what it was I watched for 2 hrs.

Sorry to hear about Lorna's mom..will you be flying or driving?

Carol, sounds as though you had an enjoyable day of relaxation, sometimes we just need to put our feet up...

Susan, busy week ahead? any news on the couple who came to view your home?

Ann, hoping all goes well with the surgery, if you have to take it easy better the next few months as garden time will soon be upon us..imagine, once we're in February we can say, next month we'll have lots of sunshine days...at least I hope we can say that..

Must say they keep our roads clean, work most of the night to do so, guess the municipal plow drivers will be glad it's all over!

Going to listen to the news see if the storm they are calling for will be in my neck of the woods..

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Carol
They are giving me an ACL as mine ripped in two and is now gone. They snip one from your hamstring and use calcuim screws to hold it in place , they are fixing a badly torn Miniscus and chunky cartlidge all by Orthroscopic surgery. (please excuse the spelling) Yes it's day surgery and I phone the day before and they tell me when to go. Good timing so that I should be almost ok for the summer. No weight bearing for 8 weeks so look out I will be on Daves a lot!
Work is being very good too and have offered to come and pick me up to bring me to work if I need that kind of help. I can drive with my left leg just have to be off the pain meds to drive. We will see how it goes but I am looking forward to being able to skip along or get over a fence or on a horse by my self!
Isn't medicine great!

"M" I think you have enough on your plate for now so maybe this will give you something sweet to look forward to next year!. I think Piper is just getting to his "push your buttons" stage so look out.

Roads slowly being cleared and wouldn't you know it they missed some streets in my neighborhood! I hope they are back today while most folks are at work.
This is when you can't have a small great gas milage car as you would be stuck everywhere and hung up on the ruts, high centered on the chunks they scrape and replacing alkinds of suspension parts.
Ann

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ann, cannot believe that they will do all of that and it's only day surgery..omg they sure don't keep you long do they.

I have a small vehicle, has a shift differential almost like 4 wheel drive, when that's on and snow tires to boot, I can go where most cannot..maybe they are doing priority routes first and you are right, likely have them cleared before the work force comes home.

Ann, you enjoy riding horses?

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Betty
If my roads not plowed I will photo it when I get home. The ruts are too far appart for small cars to manouver and they buck around then spin and get stuck sideways in two ruts, sometimes between two parked cars! Good for you for having snow tires as that is a smart thing to do.
I love riding when my knee works. The mare that I ride is someone elses but she has never been ridden by anyone else. I have a friend who owns and runs a small stable and he preferred that his horses be ridden so when no one else wanted to train and ride her I was given that privlege and was the first one on her. She was mighty scared and it took some time but she eventually trusted me and would come when I called and if she was worried would come to me and put her head onto my chest like she was hidding. She could stop on a dime and was like riding a rocking horse but alas she is now really tubby so with my bad knee and her tubbyness we haven't done a lot of exercise together. Maybe this summer?
Ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.