ideas for old (new) make up

Crozet, VA

Thought I would ask if anyone out there has some ideas on how I might go about possibly ridding myself of years of accumulation of make up items that I have purchased and then never used? When I worked outside of the home, I always wore makeup and considered it to be part of my daily routine. SInce I haven't had to go outside of the home for going on almost twenty years now, due to health issues, I have stopped wearing it altogether. For some reason, I have amassed a collection of costly items that I have either tried once or didn't open at all.

I am not sure what my hang up has been throughout these years over the needless expenditure, other than the still there small belief that I will one day wake up and decide that I now have the time and desire to begin making up again daily. Hasn't happened in many, many years and I feel as though since I am addressing the many other excesses in my life, that I ought to address this one too.

I also have many bottles of lotions that are the same way, either one or two squirts are missing, or they haven't been uncapped at all. Anyway, I feel as though these things need to now either be dumped somewhere, which I would shudder to do, or they need to go to a new home.

Suggestions are welcome. The one idea that comes to mind is donating to local Women's Shelter where some residents end up with only the clothes on their backs as they flee horrible situations. I am sure that some of the women there could make use of this. Here, I think I have answered my own question, though actually getting them together and transported to the shelter will now become the problem as I no longer visit the area where they are located very much at all.

Anyway, thank you all for being here for me to have a place to get my ideas in writing, where I am more likely to take action on my plans than if I just continue to ponder on them. So, here goes......Nancy Ann and any others, I am officially holding myself accountable to you all for addressing this issue. I will give myself til the end of February to have it all out of my home and residing elsewhere. You folks hold me accountable now, and if I haven't reported making a trip or having someone take the items for me, please remind me!!!

Aha, one less thing to serve as a reminder of the money I have wasted over the years. No need beating myself up, another lesson learned. Have a good one all.

Ruby

This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!