Tenten?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Phicks called it tenten what is the proper name for this please?

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

X - I only know it as Ten Ten. It appears to be a speckled kikyo, but what other Japanese name it might go by? Maybe someone else here knows the answer to that!

szarvas, Hungary

Hi everybody !
Or Q 751
http://mg.biology.kyushu-u.ac.jp/mg-files/strainlist-brandnew/06catalog/pages/0751-5242.html
With variegated leaves.
Tenten has dark green leaf.
Joseph has always said :

Thumbnail by dany12
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Mine had the variegated leaf .. I was just wondering about a proper name because I could not find it in Plant Files or on the net.

Thanks Dany & Becky.

Mesilla Park, NM

I didn't know KU decided to let anyone sell their systems? I wonder when that happened?

szarvas, Hungary

The seeds that received free of KU were prohibited for sale. Therefore receive free and sell them were prohibited.
Today the regulation changed the seeds are given at cost.
And receive Q 1221, produce seeds and give it a commercial name: Gray Wolf is ok.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

You guys are talking greek to me. Is there a strain called Ten Ten? And what is KU? and why is KU prohibited from sales or received free. I think I might have a Q something somewhere. I'll have to grow it out and see what I'll get. Why are they called Qxxx?

Sorry I'm so ignorant in this, but hope you'll educate me. :)

szarvas, Hungary

Lili, KU is the University of Kyushu, where Japanese researchers are studying the genes of MG.
They are custodians of the National collection of MG. In the history of Japan while almost disappear (wars)
They provide an opportunity for researchers worldwide to obtain genetic material.
But fans can make their request for some cultivars. Before it was free and in May and now it's paying all the time.( I think )

http://mg.biology.kyushu-u.ac.jp/mg-files/strainlist-brandnew/06catalog/index.html

(Zone 7a)

Dany and Lili - I've started a new thread for KU here - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1159659/ , and Lili, there are directions for how to translate a website like KU there. Dany, thank you for that link and I look forward to any further advice you can share.

Karen

Dany - Thanks for the information!!!

Would you please clarify ...

KU is now selling the seeds instead of giving them away for postage, so does that mean that businesses and individuals who purchase the seeds can now sell them using a commercial name? Or is sales of these cultivars still prohibited outside of KU?

Houston, TX

The flower and name TenTen was introduced here and on ebay by me. TenTen is a Japanese expression that describe the red spots on the flower. I don't know the official name but I'm responsible for the name TenTen. My wife was translating a lot of the JMG names for me back then. Yeah it's one of mine. lol

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

cool thanks for the clarification.

Dee - I like the name Ten Ten! It seems to suit that JMG!

Other folks including myself name unusual vines, so don't see any reason why you can't, too! Even the ones from KU get renamed to some other name instead of Q####.

Houston, TX

Thank you Becky and I really appreciate that :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.