Sources for Pelargoniums

Rochester, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi everyone,
I am new to DG and posting here. I have been a pelargonium fanatic for some time now. As you can see, I am in a "cold zone" and therefore need to overwinter mine and/or re order in the spring. I really don't have anything to choose from locally...very little, so mail order is it. I really like the fancy leaves. Hobbs and Goodwin Creek is about all that is left for these; the Canadian sources I used before have all disappeared. I really like Hobbs, Lorraine's plants are great, Goodwin Creek is good too, but I would love another mail order source. Does anyone have another?

Brewster, MN(Zone 4b)

Have you seen Holt Geraniums?

Rochester, NY(Zone 5b)

I ordered from her once. Her selections are amazing. She had a track record of being unreliable but I went for it once. She came through the first time and I still have some of her plants but she didn't come through the second time and fortunately I hadn't sent her any money yet. She has vanished and her web site too. I think she had some personal issues and just couldn't keep up with the mail order business. Her selections were unbelievable. Since she vanished, I have pretty much given up on the pelargoniums. The only US or Canadian source that I know is Hobbs. Her plants are great and healthy but not the selection I would like or anything like the selection Marilyn Holt had.

Brewster, MN(Zone 4b)

I'm sorry to hear that. This was the year I was going to order some new things. All the local plants are the same old thing. Surely there must be other sources.

(Zone 7a)

My favorite source for scented geraniums is Sandy Mush - http://www.sandymushherbs.com/download/2011_OrderForm-small.pdf - nice selection and plants on arrival have always been healthy, sturdy small rooted cuttings for me.

They have other kinds of pelargoniums, geraniums & erodiums.

Lake Stevens, WA

Hobbs farms is good.

Vista, CA

Sequim Nursery in Washington offers regals, Kildeer Farms in Washington offers a wide selection, Geraniaceae in California offers cranesbills, plus scented, species, angel and regal pels.

Rochester, NY(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the info scalplantmaniac, I will look some of those up. I have heard of Kildeer and at one point looked at their web site. They had an amazing selection of the "fancy leaf" pelargoniums but they have a pretty bad reputation for not delivering your order....ever. Have you successfully ordered from them recently; maybe things have changed.
I did recently order from Hobbs. Plants were very nice. I am still keeping an eye out for other choices.

Norristown, PA

With a little bit of research, I found that Holt Geraniums has closed its doors as of last fall -- she sold the property, equipment, plants -- everything is gone as of this point in time.

Sharon

Rochester, NY(Zone 5b)

I wondered what happened to her. I had an order in the last time she was taking them off her "ship now" list and we delayed it till the following spring. I was unable to reach her and then her web site (which was amazing) was gone. She had some great plants.

Vista, CA

Jeanne Hausermann of P & J Greenhouses in BC bought all of Marilyn Holt's stock. Jeanne is considering quitting too, at this point in time. If you want to get anything you'll need to do it quick. I talked to Marilyn today. She is doing okay, working at a local retail store with a garden shop/greenhouse. Jeanne's website is www.geranium-greenhouses.com

Rochester, NY(Zone 5b)

I am glad to hear Marilyn is doing okay. I remember she mentioned at the time she was working in a retail garden shop.Hopefully things are a little less hectic for her now. I didn't realize Jeanne was still selling. I thought she was quitting a couple of years ago so I wasn't sure the website was current. I will have to take a look. Thanks for the info and update on Marilyn. She certainly had an amazing collection of the fancy leaves.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Try www.scentedgeraniumsofne.com. Wonderful selection and great sale going on. If you order let us know how things turn out!

Groton, NY

Hi - I have a collection of unusual pellies acquired from nurseries that have gone out of business. I have the entire Little Darling series and other miniatures and dwarves no longer readily available. I live only a couple hours from Shifty, so I understand the short growing season! I bring all my pellies in for the winter. I have a custom built growing area with lights to keep them happy, although they still don't bloom as much as when they are out in natural sunlight. I have a greenhouse that is not heated, but keeps them protected from frost, dry and sunny from early April to early November - a huge increase in growing season for CNY. I have done custom propogation and may be interested in selling the collection. Please contact me for more information.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.