Get well soon, Victor

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

We're all hoping you bounce back from surgery quickly and that you'll let us know all went well.

Arlene

Thumbnail by pirl
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Speedy recovery Victor!!!!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

E gads, I forgot....Victor, Up and at 'em! We need you.

Rest well, spring is just around the corner, maybe. OK, I lied, but I am forever hopeful. Best, Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Keep a stiff lower leg.

Thumbnail by ge1836
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh maybe now Victor can win the race! Feel better soon!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hope your feeling better , enjoy your down time and relax. Most importately, follow the Doc's orders!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yes, follow orders.
Wishing you a betterthanfull recovery.

Heal Victor Heal. oops bad command :-)

Thomaston, CT

Hoping that your pain lessens each day....don't forget to follow doctor's orders!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Duh - just saw this! Thanks pirl, and all who posted. I really appreciate it.

Been only posting on 'watched' threads as I am using the phone, not the computer.

You're welcome.

It's a lot less painful to have a brain operation than what you're going through, Victor.

My sex change op was way easier!!

HA!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh my!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

TMI :)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hope your feeling better today Victor :)

Thanks - I am feeling better. Noticeably less pain. Have to start exercises today so they will probably bring the pain right back!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ugh! Sorry!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560

What a little cutie!

Thomaston, CT

What happened to kittie's leg? Did he have a knee op too?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh poor you! You had your knee done? You have to tell me how bad it was, 1 knee of mine is killing me!

Be better soon, Victor!

Thumbnail by Kell

Thanks, Kell! It had been bothering me for years. Tried all the conservative approaches - therapy, cortisone, synthetic joint fluid - none worked.

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Need any Vicodin? I have some extras from my dental surgery.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Victor - Wishing you lots and lots of healing purrs.

Thanks, Memory and Don. That's what I have, Don. Even two at a time did not help the day after the surgery. Since then I have only needed one or two per day and now have not taken any in over a day. Wanna be able to have a beer or two during the game tonight!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Glad you are on the mend. Enjoy your beer. Patti

Thomaston, CT

Hopefully the pain will be totally gone soon! A Jets win should help it!

Sure would!

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

Haven't been around for awhile and just caught this thread. Victor, hope you are feeling better - was it a knee replacement? I know several people who had them, and when all was said and done they said it was worth it! Hope your surgery went well and your recovery is speedy!

Dee

Hi Dee! Nice to hear from you. Luckily, not a replacement. Artroscopic cleanout and some cutting of tissue toward the outside of the cap. That is what has caused most of the pain, but gets better each day. Thank you!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

oops, just like you, Victor, I've only been looking in on my "watched threads" and have forgotten to check the forum, so I'm just seeing this thread. Bet that beer went down really smooth, huh? Sorry your Jets lost though. I hope that doesn't give you a setback!! lol

Turns out I had no beer! Maybe that's why they lost??

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

What do you mean, "maybe"???? It's all your fault! Did you have to choose between pain meds and the nectar of sporting events?

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Guilty here too, of missing new threads. Hope you're feeling much better Victor! Sorry about the Jets, I was rooting for them, they almost pulled a rabbit out of a hat. Are you doing PT?

Thanks, Weeze. No PT - just exercises at home.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

So it's Victor's fault!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, I had knee surgery in Jan of 2007 after being in near constant pain for years and after embarrassingly ending up totally unexpectedly in a heap on the ground many times to many from it collapsing on me. The doctor replaced my shredded ACL with an allograft as mine was not repairable. He cleaned up the rest of the mess in there at the same time. I assume the donor was a gardener as it has worked great.

I remember of having a week of being pretty uncomfortable and in bed. It hurt wicked bad. But then I was soon off my crutches, and wearing a brace just to protect it in case I fell or twisted it within a few weeks of the surgery. In about a month I had no problem with going up and down the stairs. I had gaining good flexibility and use of it very quickly. I too did my rehab at home with some notes for simple exercises from the PT guy in Boston and from the surgeon. I also rode a stationary bike that I borrowed. I wish I had done the surgery years before. I was digging in the garden by April. You will be too and be ever so much happier. Plus you can catch your boys again and maybe beat Wha in the Great RU Race if it ever happens. Patti

This message was edited Jan 24, 2011 11:50 PM

Hee hee - thanks, Patti. I am looking forward to being able to get back on the treadmill.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.