Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I think these may have been Puyas. No flower to ID though. Silly DG keeps logging me out so I'll sign out and catch you again tomorrow.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Sunshine Coast, Australia

I don't know if I posted this picture before but here it is.
Flowering at this time Tillandsia Creation.

Thumbnail by Marleneann
barmera, Australia

Marlene I wouldn't care if you did post the pic before. It's beautiful. Colleen

Brisbane, Australia

I agree with Colleen, Marlene. Can't see too much of that one.

Karen

2 noid neos...

Thumbnail by DawnSong

hi all. thought I would show you some of the broms we had for sale at our open garden. this is our display Ae burning bush with a planter stand of neo tangerines in front. The tangerines lasted about 10 minutes and they were all gone. we could have sold more but were not sure how many others we had. when we rounded up all the pups and put them in the tangerine totems we still have 10. Johnny plans to harvest some seed and grow some F2 versions of tangerine. we may even select something else to cross it with.

Wendy

This message was edited Mar 12, 2011 8:19 PM

Thumbnail by perke_patch

this is one of the 6 vriseas I got today when we all went to Wavell Heights sale. This one is platynema variegata x mambo. I love the colour and the dark fingernails. It should just get better with age.
Wendy

Thumbnail by perke_patch

this one is ubeaut x banana split. The picture doesn't show the true yellow colouring in this one. It is so lovely and will get nicer with age I'm sure.

We had a lovely day. My instructions last night when planning this trip was that we had no room for more broms so don't buy any. This morning his edict had changed to "if there are any nice foliage vriseas I could get a couple and I will find room for them." So I followed instructions and got 6 and there was no agro when we got home. I think he was happy with his new babies.

Thumbnail by perke_patch
Merino, Australia

Hello all. Beautiful pictures. I have more additions to my "collection" I think it has become a small collection now with around 80 broms and 14 tillandsias.
The latest are Till. juncea and Till. velutina plus 2 pups of the cute little Neo. liliputiana. Havent taken their photo yet but the stripes are quite lovely on the neo.
Jean.

This message was edited Mar 13, 2011 3:35 PM

Merino, Australia

Went out and took some pics. This is Till. velutina
Darn, photo wasnt allowed . I'll try again.

This message was edited Mar 13, 2011 3:39 PM

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

Till. juncea.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

Try again, Till. velutina

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Nice pics Jean. I'm going to start a new thread if able to stay signed in long enough
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1164337/
follow the link

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.