Any Rosy Dawn co-op news?

Yonkers, NY(Zone 5b)

I haven't seen anything... or did I miss it?

Nancy

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

You didn't miss it, Nancy. They stopped doing co-ops when it became too much of a hassle to organize a co-op and they did do great sales for the last two years - $1.00 off every plant and just $10. flat price for shipping.

I wrote to them last week and they have not replied. If they reply I'll post here.

Danville, IN

Yes. No co-op, but a great sale last year, which I took advantage of. Great prices and super plants. Hope they repeat this year.

Yonkers, NY(Zone 5b)

Thanks!

I over did it last year. It's hard to resist all those beautiful plants.
I let Mom pick out 10 plants that will be her Mother's Day gift. I ended up ordering 30 plants!
PLUS - they sent 7 bonus plants.
LOL!

Nancy

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

No coops from RosyDawn, or no coops from DG? DG still does coops, right?

Here's the Rosy Dawn Classified Ad, not a co-op! Offer expires 1/31/11. Please follow their rules to get your discount.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1150123/

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you!! ^_^

Danville, IN

Yeah! Same great sale as last year. I loved their plants, and they always include freebies. Great service and packing.

I agree - great plants and terrific packaging. I have ordered from other places that sell coleus and Rosy Dawn's coleus were always the best.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

They just ajusted my order to include the discount.
How about leaving some feedback on Garden Watchdog?

Don't you want to wait until you receive the plants?

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Too many coleus??? I just can't imagine! LOL
Rosy Dawn are definitely the best.
I'm having dental surgery on Friday, I'll shop while recovering.
Want to put flower boxes on my boat.
;)
Sidney

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

Well the coleus bug has bitten me now. I just placed my order with Rosy Dawn. This is the third year I have ordered from them. You just can't beat the great deals and choices they offer. They always arrive in real good shape. I love planting them in planters & in the ground too. This year I'm trying a trailing type in the planters. I'll root more from my order to spread around my yard. They do root so well. I ordered these this year:

Aurora Black Cherry
Beckwiths Gem
El Brighto
Felix
Flamingo
Ruby Laser
Sedona
Trailing Green and Gold
Peter Wonder

What did everyone else order?

Pam

Excellent choices! It almost looks exactly like my list - eerie!

'Beckwith's Gem' truly was a gem in our kitchen hosta garden. It stole the show.

Thumbnail by pirl

'Chantilly' is another terrific one to blend with the gold and green of hostas.

Thumbnail by pirl
Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

Chantilly is pretty! I usually find more coleus at a garden center I frequent in the Spring. They come in small containers and they also have some assorted unamed but pretty in 6 packs. I get some of each and add them also. But Rosy Dawn sure is a great early start for planning. It just kick starts the day. :)

Just in case anyone is looking at Rosy Dawn but is cautious about the size of plants they send - here's the 2008 order from them in a bowl. They are a great size and healthy as can be. Could you ask for more?

Pamela - I also buy locally and I've been known to pick up clipped pieces to root at home.

Thumbnail by pirl
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I comlimented them on their service.
Are we drifting into promotion territory here?

I truly believe we're allowed to praise the plants we've bought from them. We do it with lilies, clematis, hostas and other plants so why not coleus?

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

I guess there is only so much a person can do with plants this time of year but plan. So that also only leaves so much to talk about. If anyone has another place to praise- let's hear it!

You're right, Pamela.

I do a lot of local shopping just for the pure pleasure of visiting the many nurseries and seeing how they match plants with color harmony and color contrast.

Here's a collage of some coleus pieces of Electric Lime and Lemon Sunsation that I found on the nursery floor at Peconic River Herb Farm. I nursed them along and you can see from the right side how big Electric Lime got by October.

Thumbnail by pirl
Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

I love the bright lime color. You grew a beautiful coleus. I grew this in 2009. It is 'Songbird' & 'Wild Lime'.

This message was edited Jan 19, 2011 11:11 AM

Thumbnail by PamelaQ

So pretty! I love the container and that 'Wild Lime' is just such a rich looking plant.

Mount Laurel, NJ

Wow! Love your pictures. It's amazing how some coleus that might not be one's favorites, really look beautiful when you use them right. Keep posting these pictures so we can all get combintation ideas. Thanks

Felix is wonderful and wants shade so, once again, it's ideal with many hostas.

Thumbnail by pirl
Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

This shows how pretty they look mixed with Caladiums.

Thumbnail by PamelaQ
Danville, IN

PamelaQ: What is the caladium on the left (front, just behind the gold coleus) that has the pink spots? Gorgeous!

I'll just guess that it's Gingerland and a gorgeous example of it.

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

You're right! It is Gingerland. I sure love all the color this assortment offers. I can just stand and stare while I become mesmerized by the colors and patterns. Such incredible variety. Nature at its best!

Lake Stevens, WA

Placed my order to RD today!!! Had a very hard time picking what to order.

thank you for the discount

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Up date on RosyDawn. They just charged my card. I was under the impression they waited until they shipped.

I just wrote to them and asked about the 3 month premature charge.
It might be a mistake as their information on the website and on the reciept confermation says they process the charge when the plants are shipped.
I will keep you posted.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2011 2:16 PM

Danville, IN

Last year, they charged when shipped. Beautiful (huge) rooted cuttings packed extremely well and in great shape when delivered.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have written them. The charge is in Temp.charges so maybe they will retract it in time.
I will keep everyone posted.

Lake Stevens, WA

I thought they were going to charge when you ordered. Seems like I read that some place on DG when I ordered. Was it the class. ad, not sure.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

You are right springcolor. I am not as young as I used to be and make errors in memory. Its not all stupid stuff just no ryme or reason why some issues get foggy and others are on the ball.
Here is what RD wrote.
One of the conditions of the discounted price of $3.75 that we offer in the Dave's Gardens Classified Ad for orders placed in January is that the credit card will be charged when the order is placed, not when the plants are shipped. If you would rather have us charge your card when your order is shipped, we will remove the discount and credit your card.

Lake Stevens, WA

I do that too, 53 here, but mostly am so excited to get a sale that I just buzz over the other stuff. I placed my order with a freind and she took the time to read everything.

Danville, IN

Yeah, that's right, because they've had a problem in the past where people change or cancel their orders (surely not DG'ners) then goof everything up for their system. This way, the order is "frozen" and Rosy Dawn can plan accordingly. Great plants though.

Lake Stevens, WA

It was a great deal and I was glad they could offer it to DG members. Now I just have to wait until spring is see the beauties.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Looks like I missed the party....again.

Not a Coleus>

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Dale, you can have cuttings from mine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.