Looking for a new router

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

MY current router is about 7 yrs old. It's a D-link, which has been very good to me over the yrs.... but i think it's on the fritz.
sometimes someone cant get connected, dropped connections ... so i've started looking for new ones,

Last month i purchased a new Laser printer, and in the instructions for wireless set up, it mentions an AOSS button on a router - which it seems only Buffalo has.

I've looked at various Buffalo routers with many good reviews... BUT when you look at the 1stars, or 1eggs .... you start to lean in the other direction.

So, while on Newegg, i set the filter to Top Reviews .... and again, a lot of great looking routers, but again, each one that is highly rated, there are a low percentage of 1egg reviews.

Is it just a crap shoot when you get one to set up correctly?

I want a Dual Band, N, and 300Mbsp would be nice.

Some have USB ports -- do i really need that? The Buffalo has one where you can connect an external HDD for file sharing - but i've read a few reviews that the set up is a PITA or doesnt work.

I'm just getting confused. I'd like to stay in the 'under $100 ' price range... but if it 's a great unit - I wouldnt mind going to under $150
as if it last 10 yrs, it will be a good deal.

all those bad reviews are just so hard to over look.

any input??

Terese

**edited for typos

This message was edited Jan 16, 2011 3:36 PM

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!