A DIFFERENT kind of quilt block swap 2011 part 2

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

CLOSED: I am looking for 13 people interested in a quilt block exchange, this will be LIMITED to 13 people so that it is hopefully not overwhelming. I will use rules similar to other swaps in that it will be 100% cotton etc HOWEVER, THIS swap will be just 3 months long, and ALL patterns will be announced at once, in the beginning. WHY? So the impatient ones can sew their little hearts out QUICKLY, and those with more time at one time/season or another can do them at THEIR best time. SO, if this interests you, post & let me know.

Each person will mail the block DIRECTLY to the person who choose that pattern. You need to post your quilt block pattern link (12 x 12 please) AND color choice. Their will be a "check off" system so we can track which ones are done & received. Clear as mud??

Even if you have sent me an email expressing an interest, POST HERE so I know you want in to this swap as it is currently set up,
Deadline for signup is January 15th. ALL blocks are to be mailed no later than April 15th.

"Dealing with different size blocks...
Even if you see the block as 12 1/2" the recipient may see it slightly smaller or larger. An easy way to deal with blocks of slightly different sizes is to put a border around each block. I usually start with 2" strips. Then, after all the blocks have a border, find the smallest one and cut all the others down a bit. Then sash as usual. After they are all together, no one will be able to tell if the borders are a bit different.

Or, tilt the blocks. Add a 3-4" border, then cut them "off center/square". Again, it will disguise the fact that the individual blocks are slightly different."

This message was edited Jan 14, 2011 8:55 PM

This thread has 266 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!