Large seed trade for no id hybrid daylilies or iris

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I am not a very good seed saver so I don't have seeds to trade but I do have lots of plants! I am interested in doing a trade for several pkgs. I am looking for :

White marigolds
Blk swirl devils trumpet
Moon flower
Impatients
red salvia
cardinal flower
columbine
delphiniums
teddy bear sunflowers
zinna
hybrid petunia wave or trailing
foxglove
gerber daisy
lantana
blanket flower Fanfare, Oranges and Lemons
coleus

veggies
Jack o lantern or phantom pumpkin
cherry tomato
green pepper
cucumber
zucchini and yellow straight squash

Thanks,
Teresa in KY

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Teresa,

I have some extra columbine seeds that I could share with you. I have black ones, raspberry with white, Clementine mix, Most I received from other DG members from their gardens. As I am having to tear apart my garden to make room for a new trailer to be put down, I will not be able to plant any of these seeds so need to find homes for them. Maybe in 2012, I can get my gardens put back together and then I'll hit to up for some seeds. OK. Dmail me your address and I will get these out in the mail.

Marti

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

You have a Dmail.

Salem, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi, I have the following from your list!! Please let me kow if you whould like to trade!!!
Thanks,
Lisa

Moon flower
red salvia
zinnia few different kinds
columbine few different kinds
gerber daisy red and peach
fanfare blanket flower and other galardia
cucumber
pumpkin
cherry tomato
zucchini
yellow straight squash
lots of other stuff on my list

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Just wanted to add that I would trade plants to. I know this is on the seed trade forum but dmail if you have:

banana pups
angel trumpets
mother in laws tongue with the yellow band
cobweb hen and chicks
burro's tail
bleeding heart

mixed coleus seed
snapdragons

Thanks,
Teresa in KY

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Bluegrassmom, I still have columbine seeds for you. Are you interested? If so, I need your address. If not I'll send them to someone else.

Marti

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes, I am interested. Do you know what color they might be? Do you want postage if it is only 1 type of seed. Thanks

LMK

Teresa Barrow
460 Harper Rd
Quality, KY 42256

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I have some black ones and the rest are mixed colors. OK!!! I'll get those out in the mail tomorrow.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Still interested in the flower seeds. LMK
Thanks,
Teresa

Bluegrassmom, Blanket Flower (Gaillardia) 'Fanfare' does not come true from seed, only by division. Fanfare came to be by accident so now it is sold only as plants. I had the same come up in my driveway as a selfsown seedling.

No plants that are hybrids do come true from seeds.

Below is the "Fanfare" that sprouted in a crack in my driveway. Could not save it. The parent plant was a regular Blanket Flower.

Thumbnail by
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Do you grow Fanfare? I really like it I was just wondering about the reg blanket flowers seeds.
Do you have seeds or plants to trade?
Teresa

Hi Teresa, No plants or seeds for trade. Nor do I have Fanfare any more. However, if you sow the regular blanket flower and let it self sow. The 3rd generation of the selfsowed seeds are the ones that will often bloom with surprises and tubular blooms due to the generations of genes that has been bred into them. My daughter grows a lot of the blanket flower and allows them to self sow. She has gotten pure yellow, pure yellow with brown center, maroon, different shadings of colors from the regular variety.

I don't grow them anymore because they are too weedy.

Below, the blanket flower plants from one package of seeds when I grew them years ago.

Thumbnail by
Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Teresa, what plants are you offering for trade?
I have some cardinal flower, snapdragon, zinnia 'cut & come again', and lantana camara.

Betsy

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Betsy
In the title I had no id iris and daylilies.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.