Recipes

Brady, TX(Zone 8a)

My bff sent me an email and said I really started something with my mention of...............FOOD!

So, to start off, my Lazy Enchiladas: recipe calls for "enough stuff to make enough stuff for the number of people you want to feed!

corn tortillas
canned chili, no beans
diced onions
browned ground beef (or ground chicken or turkey, if you're health-conscious
grated cheese
enchilada sauce

I open the canned chili and dump in a sauce pan to heat, then tear the tortillas into small pieces and drop them into the sauce pan of chili, stirring until all tortilla pieces are coated with the chili. Then dump the whole pan of chili/tortillas in the bottom of a baking dish. Spread the browned meat on top of that, sprinkle the diced onions on top of that, cover with a layer of grated cheese, then pour enchilada sauce on top of the cheese. I open the can(s) and just pour it in a stream back and forth across the cheese, kinda swirly-like. Stick it in the oven until it's heated through and cheese is melted - 15 or so minutes at 350...................or stick it in the microwave until the same results are obtained.....
I tear up lettuce, dice tomatoes and throw those on top and serve with flour tortillas, refried beans, or whatever...........or nothing.

...........and now you know what I call them "lazy"! I hate the tediousness and burned fingers of rolling enchiladas. This gives you exactly the same taste with a whole lot less aggravation.

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!