60 Minute Gardening Seminars

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

The Master Gardener Association of Western Wayne Country is presenting a series of 4 seminars for the gardening public. The programs are designed to inform the public about popular gardening subjects. They will be taught by Master Gardeners who specialize in the areas that they will teach.
The classes will be held at the Wayne County Extension Office at 5454 Venoy) 1/4 mile north of Van Born) from 7-8 p.m. don’t let the title fool you there will be plenty of time for Q&A at the classes. The cost of the classes are $10 each or all 4 at $30 if you register in advance.
The schedule is as follows:

February 1, 2011, Plant Propagation learns the proper methods to start seeds indoors. How to make more plants with leave and stem cuttings. How to construct an inexpensive grow light stand and propagation box.

February 8, 2011 Water Wisely, with water costs rising yearly this is a must have class. Learn how much water do plants really need. You will learn about soaker hoses and drip irrigation and the proper ways to employ them. How to construct a rain barrel. This session will save you hundreds of $ in water costs.

February 15, 2001 Growing Great Tomatoes learn the secrets of how to grow the most popular fruit grown in American gardens. The difference in varieties, how to combat diseases and how to produce the most tomatoes in the space that you have.

February 22, 2011 Container Gardening Don’t have a lot of space for a garden? This session will teach you how to plant a beautiful garden in a variety of containers. Learn about Thrillers, Fillers, and Spillers. The proper mediums to use as well as proper fertilization.

For information or to register email to digitdownriver@gmail.com or call 313-719-1181.

Clinton Township, MI(Zone 6a)

I am very interested in these presentations. However, I would be coming from Roseville and I don't see well in the dark. So if the weather is bad I wouldn't want to chance it.

Do you have to pre-register?

thanks
Jennifer

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

I would prefer it but you can pay at the door.
It's very easy to find, you can come across I-94 and get off at Merriman (the airport exit). It's about 2 miles from the airport.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.