What Items Can You Not Let Go But Have No Use For?

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

In decluttering your home, what have you found that serves no purpose, yet you can't part with it? Was it a gift? Is a wonderful memory attached to it? It's it broken, moldy, damaged, etc? Perhaps it's an item that could be useful to someone else, but you just can't let it go. Maybe if you post it here, some of us might help you learn to let go of it or maybe we can repurpose it, make it over into something that could be useful to you.

My item is a ceramic "cat bag" a friend made years ago. I inherited it when she dies of cancer. It's really pretty and I love it. For a while I used it put my paint brushes in, but the smallest ones would get lost in it. For the last couple of years, I've filled it with potpourri. But the cat really doesn't match any of my decor, so I just can't figure out what to do with it or where to put it in my house. I'd love to keep it; it's beautiful and I love it for sentimental reasons too. But how can I make it a useful piece of decor?

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
This thread has 99 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!